2010 Summer Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Summer Meet and Greet

You C2E folks interested in a get-together on Friday June 25th for a Meet & Greet to watch the NHL Draft?

First time ever the Oilers pick No. 1 overall. It will be special.

The last M&G was at Three Bananas because not everyone was into going to a lounge.

But, hey, the majority of us are all adults (and Oilers fans!) so let's do 'er in bar this time.

OK, but you're kind of scaring me with the use of "three bananas", "majority of us are adults", and "let's do'er" in a single post.

(rimshot)
    Imagine: a world free of hypothetical situations!

Comment

sounds like a great idea...

although i am partial to both location and location:>

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Hopefully my baby will allow me to attend, time will tell.
        Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
          But, hey, the majority of us are all adults (and Oilers fans!) so let's do 'er in bar this time.
          Now, now... Or should that be they're their???

Just because the majority of us may be of legal drinking age doesn't mean the majority of us are adults...
          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I'd love to get together, but I'm a Leaf's fan so I'll be in mourning on draft day this year ... and again next year, thanks to the Kessel trade with Boston.
            Edmonton: Capital of Canada's Bold West!

Comment

The draft is at 5pm Edmonton time. I imagine a spot near downtown would be the best for everyone. Any suggestions?

Would it be a Hall party? Or are we going to Tyl'er one on?

p.s.....Leafs fans are more than welcome, Kenn. You and Top Dawg can get a pint of lite draft. Flames fans are welcome too.
              Last edited by North Guy66; 23-04-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

The Pint!
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Torn: Attend and have a good time but lose internet anonymity, or avoid and be a sourpuss but remain safely in the shadows of the interwebs.

Decisions. Decisions.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

What was attendance like at the last Meet and Greet? Did more than 20 people attend?
                    Imagine: a world free of hypothetical situations!

Comment

^ About that.

As you might expect, all those who talk big suddenly evaporated.

And then posted scatology after lame excuse after circular rationalization for why they no showed.

C'est la vie.

Comment

Unfortunately I will be out of the country.
                        LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Comment

let's get this going... perhaps we can get Yellowhead Brewery on board to host?

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^ I'm in.

It should be a great time as we can discuss other things besides the hockey draft... such as the upcoming Edmonton Race Week, civic election, LRT, our summer plans, etc.

But I've never organized these things. You want to take the initiative?

Comment

I'm interested but will depend on the date
                              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Working...
                              X