Site dead??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is working for me on my PC and smart phone
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I've been busy for a while so I missed out on all the "excitement".

So definitely a big thanks to Richard for getting everything back up and running.
      Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

Adding my thanks to Richard for getting things up and running. I really appreciate the work you do keeping this going.

I also thought I noticed a decrease in activity since the changeover, though the place wasn't all THAT active before, so it might not be a huge decrease. A couple of notable names seem to be absent, so far, but I haven't been checking all the threads.

Comment

I've been quiet anyway for the last while. But if I were still a semi-prolific poster, I would have had a bit of a pause anyway as I was waiting for the board's design to stabilize.

I read this bulletin board using two shortcut favorites in my browser:

(1) A subscriptions list which lets me navigate unread posts in my subscribed threads. It took a while before I was able to set this up properly. Among other things I had to wait until there was enough volume for testing. This is mostly all I ever read. But if I want to find out if there are new threads about new issues, I go to my second link.

(2) Unread posts. The "New Posts for You!" link. The only thing missing was that in the old system, there would be a flag indicating my subscribed topics. Nice but not essential.

The links took a while for me to set up. It's almost back to normal but quieter (which isn't a bad thing).

I also want to add my thanks to Richard for setting this system up. I appreciate his grace in the face of some of the complaining that has been going on. (Complaining =/= Suggestions).

As to the quality of the board, that is up to everyone else.
          Last edited by EveB; 19-12-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Sent a request to admin last week to get some help in navigating and have heard nothing back. That in itself probably tells you they have abdicated the site and everyone is left on their own. Too bad the attack killed this place, and it's become so complicated to navigate that no one cares to come on here anymore.

Comment

We're all figuring this out. One of the reasons the upgrade as delayed was due to all the changes to VB5.

For example, to fulfill Marcel Petrin 's request, I found a new way to edit the navigation bar. There seems to be a server error when I try to save it, so once I figure that out, I can add the feature he asked for.

Saying the site's been "abdicated" is a bit of a misnomer.
              President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                We're all figuring this out. One of the reasons the upgrade as delayed was due to all the changes to VB5.

For example, to fulfill Marcel Petrin 's request, I found a new way to edit the navigation bar. There seems to be a server error when I try to save it, so once I figure that out, I can add the feature he asked for.

Saying the site's been "abdicated" is a bit of a misnomer.
                You had it right at first... I'm sure the New To You link was on every page... and then a day or so ago it stopped and was only on the Forums page.
                I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

^yeah, basically. It's there if you click on the left most "forums" on the top left (I think that was "Home" yesterday, actually). But not if you click on the second "forums", even though it was there previously.

Comment

I applaud the immense effort that it took to update the site. Every day it gets easier to use and topic priorities become more organized and accessible.

Looking forward to things settling down and more active posters and new people joining.
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Most people running websites have a production site and a local copy, and they figure things out on the local copy, and then replicate those changes over to production.

not here...

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

OR....

A volunteer army of two tries what it can...and actually does have a test server off to the side...but when real life gets in the way...a website that all he gets is **** and abuse for....or "prolific posters/community leader's here just **** on him for not giving them everything for free (hello Santa Parade)...it kind of takes a lower priority...

I've been in large scale international implementations for over 25 years...I know how it's done when money and resources are here.
                        President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Thanks Richard.I love that ignore on this site, means you don't even see the person that has posted, it's GREAT!

Merry Christmas
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                            Thanks Richard.I love that ignore on this site, means you don't even see the person that has posted, it's GREAT!

Merry Christmas
                            really..... you just had to post this 2 times and worse yet in a thread that has nothing to do with the ignore function why do you feel the need to make some veiled attack on whoever has posted on this thread to begin with SMH

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                              OR....

A volunteer army of two tries what it can...and actually does have a test server off to the side...but when real life gets in the way...a website that all he gets is **** and abuse for....or "prolific posters/community leader's here just **** on him for not giving them everything for free (hello Santa Parade)...it kind of takes a lower priority...

I've been in large scale international implementations for over 25 years...I know how it's done when money and resources are here.
                              Don't let Medwards get you down. He has no idea how much work it takes to keep this forum running.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post

really..... you just had to post this 2 times and worse yet in a thread that has nothing to do with the ignore function why do you feel the need to make some veiled attack on whoever has posted on this thread to begin with SMH
                                It was an error, build a bride and climb over , bah humbug You quoting it made it three. ROFL
                                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X