No announcement yet.

Site upgraded to https and vb 5.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and I am just reading some of the comments...please...don't turn this thread into another yell fest.

I just got back from a week in Vegas at the airshow convention. Great news from that show...tempered with some rather stark reality as I experienced from the Santa Parade and some of the rather upsetting reactions that were sent my way. More later.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
      Would there be a "Ignore Thread" feature anywhere on the horizon?
      not sure

Comment

So not sure why i never got an answer but why was the site down yesterday?

Comment

it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post

Welcome, and please no. I avoided the uptick to 5 until it stabilized....it still has bugs, but necessity made the leap mandatory. I'd love to recognize the person who assisted this with some pretty heavy lifting, but he wants to remain in the shadows for now. It will cost me rum...
            Christ, I'm on a forum that is still using I think VB 3.8--and it's a fair sized forum (couple million posts and couple hundred thousand registered users). I'm just waiting on the day the whole site gets compromised (and I'm sure the DB has been hacked already before...)
            I will beat the dead horse back to life.

Comment

it wasn't.
              um actually yes it was Saturday morning for a good few hours i was welcomed with a cannot connect cloudflair page

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                um actually yes it was Saturday morning for a good few hours i was welcomed with a cannot connect cloudflair page
                for me as well...

unrelated question - is there an option to access the “full site” from a mobile device like there was with the previous version?
                "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I looked into it, and there seems to be no record on my end. I will check with the host.

Comment

I have tried twice to post comments on current discussions and both times have got an error message. It is getting impossible to post on here

Comment

What error? Please post the text if you can.

Comment

What error? Please post the text if you can.
                        I have had this error as well it takes well over a min or more for something to post if it even posts at all

Comment

Well ggMiata, obviously your post made it here....
                          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                            Well ggMiata, obviously your post made it here....
                            that doesn’t necessarily mean anything (or more accurately mean everything). I had one of two that disappeared into the ether as well as one that decided it needed approval by an admin before it could be posted (it still showed in the thread on my screen with a yellow rather than a white background and with no post number on it).
                            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I wanted to acknowledge how much better the new upgrades are turning out and that the amount of posts per day are increasing. Thank Admin for all the hard work and the improvements to the site.

I like that the quotes within quotes are automatically trimmed and that makes reading threads much easier. Also, the format is now more familiar with increased use and the various color themes are appreciated.

Thanks again!

And no, the site is NOT DEAD!

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Working...
                              X