No announcement yet.

Site upgraded to https and vb 5.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UTC-8 unicode loaded, so the "A's" are gone.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Site looks better. It also works better on my phone.

"Still believe in global warming" and "Truth about climate change" used to get 100 to over 500 views a day. Now they get in the 10's.

i haven't observed what other threads are getting yet.

Although this might make some people happy I suspect the new format will affact all threads the same way. If so, this marks a fundamental way in which the site is viewed/navigated. Maybe this is because traffic isn't guided to new posts? I suspect all posts with large view numbers will be affected. Just an observation, but is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
      Last edited by MrCombust; 04-12-2019, 07:55 AM.
      "Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 °C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Comment

I now see "New Posts to you!" Thanks Richard!

Comment

Originally posted by MrCombust View Post
          Site looks better. It also works better on my phone.

"Still believe in global warming" and "Truth about climate change" used to get 100 to over 500 views a day. Now they get in the 10's.

i haven't observed what other threads are getting yet.

Although this might make some people happy I suspect the new format will affact all threads the same way. If so, this marks a fundamental way in which the site is viewed/navigated. Maybe this is because traffic isn't guided to new posts? I suspect all posts with large view numbers will be affected. Just an observation, but is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
          your concerned about 100 to 500 views a day, which mostly was the same 4 users and a bunch of google spiders and internet bots? LOL Love that you are using C2E as a tool to spread your misinformation and general lack of science understanding.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Richards - the upgrade is better than it was before. Fantastic job. Perhaps we need to encourage hackers to hack more! If it brings improvements like this
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^^ Maybe he gets paid in rubles per impression?
              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Thanks for your work on this Richard & team. A definite upgrade, and after a little learning curve will be a benefit to users.

One small request once the dust has settled - any way to get thread page numbers back on the forum page? That way we can pick the last page when we enter a thread, instead of defaulting to the 1st page each time.

Comment

Almost back to normal... unlike the old Activity Stream that used to ignore new posts from people on my Ignore list, the new "New Posts to you!" list is flagging new posts by people on my Ignore list, even though when I go to that post they're not shown.
                  I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Oh heavens no!!! My echo-chamber is no longer only an echo chamber. I can hear the voice of others who rattle my echo chamber!

Comment

I am still having trouble finding the latest posts without multiple steps and filters.

Can anyone guide us on an easier way to navigate the new system?
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                        I am still having trouble finding the latest posts without multiple steps and filters.

Can anyone guide us on an easier way to navigate the new system?
                        I'm just hitting 'New posts to you!' at top left and it brings up stuff like the 'latest unread posts' used to.

Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

It's trivial, but can VB5 do mouse-over page updates of New Posts for you! like the old Activity Stream did?
                          I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

I guess it is the lower number of posts that has made the site look a little less interactive.

The activity stream is slowly recovering
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Heads up for anyone interested.

On the I Remember When thread, North Guy66 made a post that now dates as "Today 7:06 AM", and I made two posts in reply. But on the page listing all the Forums and the most recent posts, his post still shows up as the most recent.

So, there would seem to be a bit of snag, at least on that thread.

Comment

^ Whatever the problem was, it seems now to be rectified. Thanks whomever may have performed that task.

Comment

Working...
                                X