Couple random images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple random images

A few shots taken with my little point and shoot.

Enjoy

^get out!...point and shoot, especially the first image?
    In favour of Architecture that is of our time and place.

Comment

^ no kidding. Very nice.

(the first one is great, but I'm actually more impressed by the others. My point and shoot always washes out the sky).

Comment

Yah, a little Canon A620. I believe the latest model is the A650 IS. Fun little camera.
        Last edited by doomzday; 06-08-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

What sort of post processing (if any) did you do?

Comment

Originally posted by kakgungor View Post
            What sort of post processing (if any) did you do?
            Basicly not to much. With point and shoot I usually just correct levels eg: contrast, brightness that kind of stuff(sometimes non of that). Then downsize it for the web and because downsizing effects sharpness in a negative way making images a little softer, then I usually follow that with usm or smart sharpening in photoshop cs3(sometimes I don't even do that as I find the point and shoots tend to oversharpen to begin with).

With Nikon DSLR not much changes I shoot RAW mode instead of jpg and I mainly use Nikons Capture NX2 as it allows me to adjust Nikon color modes and correct white balance and so on fairly easly. I use a usm setting to remove AA filter blur thats over the sensor. Then downsize it and apply usm again to recover from the downsize.

On the most part I try to keep it fairly simple as I am still fairly new to this digital hobby(try to make sure exposure and framing is correct right from time I click the button, that way leaves me not much work). The very odd time I may try to be a little creative in post processing but that never works out so well lol.
            Last edited by doomzday; 07-08-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Doomzday, what is RAW mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post
                Doomzday, what is RAW mode?
                It is a non destructive file format that DSLR and now some very high end point and shoots like the Canon G9 allow you to shoot in instead of jpg. It allows your to store the maximum amount of detail in the file. It also allows you depending on the software you use, to modify some in camera default settings and fine tune them like exposure, white balance, color modes, sharpness settings and so on after the picture has been taken. It also is in alot of cases easier to recover blown highlights and lost detail in shadows. You can also go back at a later time to that digital negative (raw) and undo settings and change things if you like.

For more info.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format
                Last edited by doomzday; 08-08-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Nice shots!
                  A photomaniac in Edmonton
                  https://picasaweb.google.com/bee1013

Comment

Originally posted by bee View Post
                    Nice shots!
                    ThankU bee. After lurking here off and for a little, your one of the people who inspired me to join.

Comment

Working...
                    X