Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown 06/21/08

BONUS PICS

That last photo (I take it from the IKON, looking West to Capital Centre), is really depressing to me. I mean, it is one great expanse of parking lots for a few blocks. Downtown is improving, but there is still a long way to go to make it world class.

Comment

wow those are great shots! id kill to have one of those apartments haha.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
        That last photo (I take it from the IKON, looking West to Capital Centre), is really depressing to me. I mean, it is one great expanse of parking lots for a few blocks. Downtown is improving, but there is still a long way to go to make it world class.
        But my goodness, where are all those Capital Health employee's going to park that work in Capital Health Centre?

Most of those parking lots you can see are full of CH employee's.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa View Post
          But my goodness, where are all those Capital Health employee's going to park that work in Capital Health Centre?
          Maybe if the Arena was built here, they could park under that during the day? No - that parking would cost too much I guess, but an arena probably would look better than those parks (well, I guess almost anything would). I have always felt this is a phenomenal "hole" in the downtown though, I used to walk through here to work, and often felt creeped out by the deadliness of the zone. I can''t for the life of me figure out why it has seen less action, than even our North edge is about to see. It should be prime, I would love to live in residential in this area, if it existed.

Comment

Well hopefully a lot of those employee's will start using transit, particularly now that CH is enrolled in the ETS corporate program. But, I am sure others will just fill the space, apparently the wait list for parking for the downtown site is over a year long.

Comment

Working...
            X