request to fellow C2E members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request to fellow C2E members

Hello everyone. I am a former Edmontonian now living in Ontario...I know, I know..there is no real hockey played in this province OR Pilsner. I was hoping to get a few pictures posted on here if possible if fellow members are in these areas.

I miss spring back home and I know I won't be back there for sometime, so if someone has the time and are in these areas to snap a few pictures for me I would be greatly in your debt.

I used to live near the corner of 112 ave and 86 street, so if I can get some shots of that corner and the stadium that would be great.

Also, if anyone has pictures of the Garneau area that would be great as well, as I used to live on 109th street and 84 ave when I did my stint in university.

Thanks for your time helping out a homesick Edmontonian.

There is no "spring" here.

Just winter and more winter

Wait till july when the snow melts.

Comment

hardly helpful, but thanks for your observations

Originally posted by Rocket252 View Post
      There is no "spring" here.

Just winter and more winter

Wait till july when the snow melts.

Comment

^ I'm sure someone will post those photos for you. It's just that we are enduring easily the worst spring snowstorm we've ever experienced here -- three days and 30 cm of snow, and it's still coming down. It should be about a week before it melts sufficiently for someone to get those photos. If no one else will do it, I'll get the ones of the Garneau area -- I live near there now.

Do hang in there - you'll get your photos.
        Almost always open to debate...

Comment

Thanks...I have heard of the latest blast of winter...if anything THAT is the only thing I don't miss from Edmonton. We have very easy winters here in TO

Originally posted by davidnorwoodink View Post
          ^ I'm sure someone will post those photos for you. It's just that we are enduring easily the worst spring snowstorm we've ever experienced here -- three days and 30 cm of snow, and it's still coming down. It should be about a week before it melts sufficiently for someone to get those photos. If no one else will do it, I'll get the ones of the Garneau area -- I live near there now.

Do hang in there - you'll get your photos.

Comment

well, this winter was hardly "easier" there then it was here. just 4 days of misery in April. Happens everywhere from time to time. Vancouver and Victoria got some snow too. Will do what I can with photos when get a chance.

Comment

Thanks...I have heard of the latest blast of winter...if anything THAT is the only thing I don't miss from Edmonton. We have very easy winters here in TO

Yeah you haven't had to call the Army out for years.
              Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

LMAO...good one...

Originally posted by Barry N View Post

Yeah you haven't had to call the Army out for years.

Comment

240glt posted some pics on skyscraperpage.com earlier this week. One of them is of Rexall.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...41515&page=313

Comment

Originally posted by IKAN104 View Post
                    240glt posted some pics on skyscraperpage.com earlier this week. One of them is of Rexall.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...41515&page=313
                    Some excellent photographs on there. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I love photos of the "real" Edmonton, the one you see just driving down the road. Thank you so much for the familiar sights.

Comment

the corner of 112 ave and 86 street

here ya go....

and some things never change in this area:

Comment

Thanks Neno...I have to say the last picture is something that I rarely saw living in that area, but I know that it has gotten worse around there.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring back old memories.

Comment

^^...just a quick note about this site where this fellow is taking a nap. They should be breaking ground soon for a proposed Emergency Response Facility (Ambulance/Firestation). Presentation to EDC on May 12.
                            In favour of Architecture that is of our time and place.

Comment

^...

In favour of Architecture that is of our time and place.

Comment

Working...
                              X