Tonight's storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's storm

I took a few shots as the storm approached.

Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

The storm was amazing. Great birthday present from Mother Nature for my dads birthday. Around 9:00 though we had lightning strike about 200 feet from our house in St Albert and thunder so loud it hurt your ears and you could feel some sort of charge (very small but present) it was amazing. Thunder was so loud everything rattled furiously and it sonic boomed.

Anyone else experience that? Funny how nasty the storm was but no hail, at least in St Albert.

Comment

No hail in my part of town either (not too far from St. Albert) lots of driving rain, noise and a spectacular light show.

Thanks for the pictures 24karat--I love storm shots.

Comment

Hi,

I got gunned at Sherlock's and then walked down the centre of street all the way home between rain storms (didn't want to jaywalk, dj.) Didn't feel a drop.

s.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.steevo
          Hi,

I got gunned at Sherlock's and then walked down the centre of street all the way home between rain storms (didn't want to jaywalk, dj.) Didn't feel a drop.

s.
          ^Good to hear (especially the non-jaywalking bit)!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.steevo
            Hi,

s.
            Good to hear you didn't vomit in front of a bookstore (oops!).

Great pics, 24karat. The sky looked pretty shaky for a while when there was the greenish hue. The cloud formations from the hot air clashing with the cold air reminded me of 1987.

Comment

Yeah, it wasn't on the route home.

s.

Comment

Watching the storm roll in.

Comment

The storm was still going around 2:00 in the morning and the thunder got so loud and sharp that it woke me up. It sounded as though the panels on all the tall buildings around me were shaking. Could feel like vibrations. Crazy. Didn't feel any electrical buzz, though : (

Comment

Storm closes Ukrainian Village, car display

Storm closes Ukrainian Village, car display

edmontonjournal.com
                    Published: July 24, 2007 3:24 pm

Monday night's severe thunder storm closed the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village for today and a car and airplane display at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum indefinitely.

The Ukrainian Village, located about 50 kilometres east of Edmonton on Highway 16, was closed and all programs and activites were cancelled for the day as crews worked to restore power and other services that were knocked out by Monday's storm.

At the Reynolds-Alberta Muesum, near Wetaskiwin, the exhibit Showin' Off - Our Warehouse Rarities, a collection of vintage vehicles and aircraft, was close after high winds damaged the tent housing the display. The exhibit is closed until further notice. No other damage was reported on museum property.

The museum, devoted to the history of transportation, is still open regular visitor hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.

-30-

Comment

Working...
                    X