No announcement yet.

El Mirador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats the backstory on why the building will be lost? Is the current owner wanting to sell to a developer with a tower plan?
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

The building has been owned by a developer for years, and unfortunately it's not long for this world.

Comment

I recall quite a few fun nights back in university days in there with a variety of friends hosting parties and dinners.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
          So whats the backstory on why the building will be lost? Is the current owner wanting to sell to a developer with a tower plan?
          Twin towers - one facing Jasper Ave (but not destroying Audrey's) - the other facing Capital Blvd.

El Mirador will get torn down - but they'll keep the courtyard in some way or another.
          ... gobsmacked

Comment

El Mirador bears a certain similarity to Ansgar Lutheran Church, downtown. I wonder if that's just coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by McBoo View Post
              Originally posted by Komrade View Post
              Twin towers - one facing Jasper Ave (but not destroying Audrey's) - the other facing Capital Blvd.

El Mirador will get torn down - but they'll keep the courtyard in some way or another.
              Damn. Any more links to details? Id love to read more. Hopefully they can keep the facade or something to remind us of what was
              youtube.com/BrothersGrim
              facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

I'm not interested in the facade (though it's a nice one). It's the way of life that I would mourn. It's sad that people aren't going to be able to live like that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X