Just a few snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few snaps

Last edited by Stevey_G; 16-02-2016, 12:52 PM.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Great pics! The gentleman you got in the second last photo - showing the 'aftermath' of those devastating stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Akerr12 View Post
      Great pics! The gentleman you got in the second last photo - showing the 'aftermath' of those devastating stairs.
      Thanks! The direct quote from someone on those stairs: "I don't know why I even bother..." lol

Comment

The photo of the Northern Lights is spectacular - where was it taken?

Comment

Originally posted by IJM View Post

Oh that was out at Elk Island. In the summers I basically live out there in the back of my truck doing night photography. We're a lucky city to have a dark sky preserve so close.

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post

Oh that was out at Elk Island. In the summers I basically live out there in the back of my truck doing night photography. We're a lucky city to have a dark sky preserve so close.
              I'd heard that Elk Island was a good spot for viewing the night sky. Thanks for posting your photos (especially the Northern Lights!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post

I'd heard that Elk Island was a good spot for viewing the night sky. Thanks for posting your photos (especially the Northern Lights!)

Thanks for the compliments! I strongly suggest spending summer nights out in Elk Island. I typically just park out there and sleep in the back of the truck. Incredible views of the Milky Way around October.

Comment

Not necessarily Edmonton; but here's a photo of CN carrying essential goods over a trestle to a small prairie town. Can you guess which town???

Comment

Sangodo?

Comment

Originally posted by SP59 View Post
                      Sangodo?
                      Negative (pun intended).

I actually believe this one is larger.

Comment

Wainwright?

Comment

Originally posted by realkevbo View Post
                          Wainwright?
                          You got it! Big bridge.

Comment

I've been over that bridge quite a few times. It's definitely a tall one!

Comment

Working...
                            X