Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Churchill Square

A few pictures around Churchill Square today (all pics by me):

I like Churchill Square and it's going to be even better when the Valley Line finally runs beside it and the Library.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

What a cement wasteland, worst thing about the city,
      well maybe the metal balls!!

Comment

My family and I are fans of CS. We enjoy the festivals and for playing around in during the week. The recent programming however has been hit and miss. For instance, the Petting Zoo folk who were scheduled to be there the last several weeks have been a no show. Also, Breezy Brian Greg does not need to be featured during music at lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMark View Post
          I really like having CS, events like this make it even better:

https://twitter.com/CityofEdmonton/s...041664/photo/1

Comment

That is truly fantastic... Go Kings!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMark View Post
              well then find some enjoyment in one of North America's largerst green belts and get make sure ya donate to the creation of the new DT park space.

We need a civic square where events can be held. A large piece of sod was no longer effective for a city of our size.

Civic squares are nealy always paved in some fashion. Their function demands it.

I am sorry you don't recognize that we need many different types of civic spaces in this city.
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Amen. The square works/functions MUCH better than the previous one other than being cutoff on the west side. There is a good amount of grass retained on the east for sitting/playing and there landscaping is well done.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Every year without fail, someone hauls out the bat to beat on the Churchill reno dead horse. It was overdue, so thanks.

So let me phone in my usual response:
                  The only thing Churchill Square needs is a large fountain in the middle of the square. If it can be removed for certain events then all the better.
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X