Downtown Farmer's market - May 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Farmer's market - May 18

Downtown farmer's market last weekend. Incredible crowds throughout the day.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I was there as well on Saturday. A beautiful day and as usual an impressive turnout. It's great to see both the market and 104 Street doing so well. I liked how they had the market spread out east and west along 102 Avenue. Way more vendors there than what I expected for opening weekend.

Comment

+ an unusally high number of vendors "sold out."

Very impressed.
      ... gobsmacked

Comment

Top_Dawg trotted through 'round noon on Saturday.

Holy **** !

This thing iz getting big !

Top_Dawg only managed one pass through and had to get out of there.

Humans are too loud and too pushy - giv'im a ****** headache.

But nice to see.

'Course this was in stark contrast to Sunday.

Every thug, gangsta, vagrant, crack dealer and homeless bum in the city took over Churchill Square and the sidewalks around City Centre East. Is this a new homeless shelter ?

And Top_Dawg loves how every planter, recess, and alcove around the Winspear is an overflowing ashtray.

Hilarious !

P.S. The sand and gravel everywhere never bother Top_Dawg. After four decades of watching the CofE dogfuck their way through everything Top_Dawg doesn't get his dander up about it.

C'est la vie.

Comment

It was an awesome environment. I like the "T" set up.
          Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

It was quite the day. Really good turnout considering it was a long weekend
            www.decl.org

Comment

Originally posted by mnugent View Post
              It was an awesome environment. I like the "T" set up.
              Likewise. Hopefully they keep using 102 Ave even after the Fox construction is completed. Turn that "T" into a "+"
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I'm glad this market is expanding. We try to go at least once a month even though we don't live in the city at the moment.

Comment

Command Sisters busking at City Market this morning - they sounded fantastic

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X