Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps Time Lapse - Edmonton

Go to this site here: http://world.time.com/timelapse/

Search Edmonton (or any other desired location)... press play.

See sprawl... sprawl!

Zoom in on SW Edmonton - watch it pop out with the Henday...
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

wow cool !!
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

SW growth has been nothing short of ridiculous in the last 10-20 years.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

NE Edmonton too.
        "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I must be blind but I'm not seeing where you search. I did watch the timelapse of Las Vegas. I was amazed how fast it grew when I lived there. Even more so to see it from above. Yowza!

Comment

^Type edmonton, alberta into the Explore the World button (bottom right hand corner). The timelapse default is kind of fast, but you can slow it down by grabbing the highlighter that moves over the years.

Very cool.

Comment

I don't get it either... I think you need google earth installed
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Mark, No, google earth does not need to be installed. You need adobe flash installed. This wont work on your iPad/iPhone...as they don't support flash. Any other device or PC/Mac/Linux box will though.

Kkoz - Just look at the bottom of the page, and select "Explore my world" then it will bring you to a search box. Enter any city or location name... like "Edmonton"
                Last edited by Medwards; 13-05-2013, 04:20 PM.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I am on my PC at Work.. no search function.
                  "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

On the pre-set time lapse photography, you'll see the "TIMELAPSE" blurb. Under that you'll see "DUBAI" "COLUMBIA GLACIER" "THE AMAZON" "LAS VEGAS" and "EXPLORE THE WORLD". Click on "EXPLORE THE WORLD".

On the next page, you'll see 9 boxes at the top of the page: "LAS VEGAS" "DUBAI" "SHANGHAI" "OIL SANDS" "MENDENHALL GLACIER" "WYOMING COAL" "COLUMBIA GLACIER" "LAKE URMIA" and "EXPLORE THE WORLD". In the "EXPLORE THE WORLD" box, type a place name and hit "enter". The map will zoom to that place.

Comment

Good explanation East McCauley and Terry. I didn't see where to do a search from yesterday but your explanations are quite useful.

Comment

Very strange. I'm using Chrome, a Google product. Under the Timelapse I see:

DUBAI COLUMBIA GLACIER THE AMAZON LAS VEGAS

No explore the world. Search for "Explore" gives no results.

Comment

Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                          Very strange. I'm using Chrome, a Google product. Under the Timelapse I see:

DUBAI COLUMBIA GLACIER THE AMAZON LAS VEGAS

No explore the world. Search for "Explore" gives no results.
                          I'm using Chrome and it shows up for me.

If you also let the 4 time-lapses play out (about a minute long), it then goes to those 9 boxes I mentioned. Maybe it'll show then for you.

Comment

for the blind by darkmagnoblade, on Flickr

for the blind 2 by darkmagnoblade, on Flickr

Comment

Strangeness continues. Works fine on my Mac at home using Chrome and Safari but not on our Windows 7 machine at work. Don't get the "explore the world" option there.

That said, very cool and in some ways very scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X