X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter City shots

Just saw these on MasterMaq's blog

Dejan Galetic

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Frozen wasteland , in store for an awesome week of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by steve semchuk View Post
      Frozen wonderland , in store for an awesome week of snow.
      Corrected that for you.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Second photo is stunning
        youtube.com/BrothersGrim
        facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Agreed - that second shot took a lot of thought and framing. Outstanding.

Even in winter, Edmonton can be beautiful (at least to look at!).
          ... gobsmacked

Comment

That first one I think I like a little better

Comment

The first one is more a garden-variety night-time skyline.

BUT I am an absolute sucker for garden-variety night-time skylines. So I'd have to say I like it better, even while admitting the second displays more originality.

Comment

Don't blame you, the first is perhaps more kind to Edmonton.

But the second, look at how much more expressive are the sky and river ice.

I know, artsy ... but I'd put that one on my walll in a heartbeat.
                ... gobsmacked

Comment

The second one definitely puts nature front and centre(while still managing to give urbanity a respectable place at the table). And thanks for pointing out the sky in that one, I hadn't really noticed it before. Yes, majestic.

Comment

Winter in Edmonton by jamiethebody, on Flickr
                    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

very nice HDR it makes all the colors just pop!

Comment

I was just searching for beautiful winter shots/photos of Edmonton. I thought for sure c2e would have a long dedicated thread full of them but I haven't found it yet.

Additionally, considering how bright and sunny it gets here in the winter, it's surprising how few professional looking winter photos there seems to be on the internet (except romantic wedding photos).

Comment

The church reminds me of Norman Rockwell paintings for some reason.
                          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

KC did you look through this thread? http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...t=24624&page=6
                            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Working...
                            X