Edmonton Jurassic Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton Jurassic Forest

Has anybody else visited the Edmonton Jurassic Forest? I only heard about it last year and finally visited this place this year. It is a bit of a drive as it's north of Gibons but it is absolutely a unique and fun place. It's best to go with kids as they will be excited with something to see around every corner. The dinosaurs are quite similar to those movable ones that put on a show in the Rexall a few years ago. These move and howl in their place. We really have so many great things here in Edmonton but since they are all hidden or not well known, it is a city that you discover only after a lifetime of living here. As you drive up, you see a tall heavy duty fence that reminds me of the old King Kong movie. It really sets the scene for what you will see inside.

Location: https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...04&ie=UTF8&z=9

$2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Comment

I hope to go next Monday, having read a few reviews it sounds excellent.
      Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

Comment

Havent been yet. But it looks good.
        youtube.com/BrothersGrim
        facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

First that I've heard of it.

So, when folks say, I have friends coming to Edmonton, where should I take them, this seems an A-list item possibility.
          ... gobsmacked

Comment

Spent most of a day there last summer.

If you have kids under 10 I would say it's pretty much a must do as their interest will be peaked and they will likely go gaga. My then 6 year old did.

Adults and the Dinosaurs, I would say not so much.

The positive side for adults as a nature walk I thought it was very pleasant, nice setting, wooden walk ways are nice and the majority of the natural plant life very nice.

It would be my recommendation that adults with kids 10 and under...a must do if the children are at all interested in Dinosaurs (most seem to be at that age) and it makes for a real nice afternoon that you can share with your kids, do a picnic and take in a nice nature walk at the same time.

Adults only, I'm not sure...if you have a paleontological bent I'm sure you would enjoy it...if you have an interest or leaning that way and love nature yes.

Otherwise, I think we are getting too spoiled by high tech special effects.

My experience and opinion

Tom

Comment

^A-list? It may be an A-list attraction (although that's debatable) but its audience is families with kids. Think Calgary Zoo dinosaur display, not Tyrell Museum. Although the dig (which I did not do) seems like an interesting possibility for everyone?

So target the recommendation depending upon your guests.

Comment

All I know is, this place needs to be marketed more.
                Travel BC...er...Travel Alberta, look - tourist attractions outside of the Banff-Calgary corridor!
                Edmonton Tourism...or a regional equivalent?
                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                  All I know is, this place needs to be marketed more.
                  Travel BC...er...Travel Alberta, look - tourist attractions outside of the Banff-Calgary corridor!
                  Edmonton Tourism...or a regional equivalent?
                  I'm not going down this path again.

Yes you are right, but there are many very good to exceptional attractions that could use the assistance of those same entities.

An example close to my heart

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction...a.html#REVIEWS

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction...a.html#REVIEWS

and there are many others.

Edmonton is not just WEM, Telus World of Science and Fort Edmonton Park

Tom
                  Last edited by Thomas Hinderks; 05-06-2012, 04:49 PM. Reason: added link for information

Comment

If this were any other city it would be in the flight magazines of the major airlines, and it would be on bill boards in other cities. As other mentioned above it is a superb place to take kids of any age. They didn't overdo to the technology in my opinion. A sensor notes when somebody is near and that is when the nearest dinosaur would make a sound and move its head. It would not breath fire or come charging toward you. In fact I don't think any of them actually faced the board walk. They wanted to show what it might have been like to actually see them in a semi real context. There is lots of information posted to read, but not too much and not just about the dinosaurs. Maybe they were concerned about scaring little kids or being just an amusement park. It is after-all run in part by the U of A.

Nice place for photographs too

Comment

great idea! i'm going to take my wife and kid there this summer.
                      Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

Working...
                      X