Timelapsed Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timelapsed Edmonton

So sometime back during Xmas break, I put together a little Time lapse of WEM just for fun. Then I found out at the school, we had a project where we had to make a slideshow. I decided to just keep pushing the time lapse instead since I had been building up a slow collection of random time lapses around the city and this is the result.

I had come here asking for good parking lot locations to get more footage, but when I started to put it together, I realized I had way too much already, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Mq2b_pDhQ

The idea is supposed to showcase Edmonton and what a person might see/do in Edmonton during that one day. Some of the footage is a bit choppy, since the oldest footage dates back to 9 months ago, but it was definitely a good learning experience for me so that I can make smoother ones in the future.

Also! Watch in HD to get the most out of it So yeah, enjoy~ and let me know what you guys think!

What do I think?

Incredibly cool shifting to stunning. Extremely well paired to audio.

Do more urban night stuff.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Very well done!
      Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Absolutely - very well done. Some of the scenes are good, and some are great.

Timelapse is so much better with motion. See if you can get your hands on a glidetrack with servo motor and controller.

http://vimeo.com/29950141

Comment

Wow!
          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Awesome. I look forward to seeing more!
            Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far / shine on you crazy diamond

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Very cool stuff
                youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I thought more people would actually bug me about the choppy-ness of that long sunrise, phew lol.

One of the comments did point out that I didn't really have enough variety to represent Edmonton though... ...and they're right. Which means I guess I'll have to do more!

Originally posted by nobleea View Post
                  Absolutely - very well done. Some of the scenes are good, and some are great.

Timelapse is so much better with motion. See if you can get your hands on a glidetrack with servo motor and controller.

http://vimeo.com/29950141
                  I totally agree, it gives the scene a really good 3D feel. I've really wanted an automated dolly for...well, a while now, but they're a bit pricey lol, and all the money I make goes directly into my photography gear already =(.

But who knows... maybe one day! If anyone wants to be a freaking awesome Santa, then... - I'd love you. But until then, I'll just have to stick to crop movements.

P.S. That video was awesome

Comment

Good job

Maybe somewhere on the Whyte Ave at a future date.......

Comment

Working...
                    X