Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Photography in Edmonton

Hey guys,

So I have just joined this forum since I saw it has a forum for Images of Edmonton. I do lots of street photography and I also work as as a photographer for The Gateway (UofA Newspaper). If you hang out on Whyte Ave a lot you have probably seen me. I post my photos in my blog and try to update it at least 3, 4 times a month. It would be nice if I get to know other photographers in Edmonton as well.

Cheers.

There is a great group of photographers that get together on a semi-regular basis here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/edmonton_flick_meet/

We'd love to have you (or anyone that's interested) join any of the flickrmeets that come up.

Comment

I've taken a quick look at your blog, and I'm very much impressed. You've definitely got talent. What equipment do you use? And welcome to the forum. I do a lot of photography myself. My main camera is a Nikon D700, but I'm hoping in about a year to get a Nikon D4,
      Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Hey, those are some great photos from Edmonton! I thought I knew everyone who was doing street photography here in town. We should meet up some time.

Here are some of my street photos, mostly from Edmonton:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucasbr...56951626/show/

-Mike

Originally posted by framelessframes View Post
        Hey guys,

So I have just joined this forum since I saw it has a forum for Images of Edmonton. I do lots of street photography and I also work as as a photographer for The Gateway (UofA Newspaper). If you hang out on Whyte Ave a lot you have probably seen me. I post my photos in my blog and try to update it at least 3, 4 times a month. It would be nice if I get to know other photographers in Edmonton as well.

Cheers.

Comment

If you like , you can always join the Images Alberta photo club. For more information : http://www.imagesalberta.ca/
          Photo web site: folob.deviantart.com

Comment

I love taking photos of Edmonton. I am on Project 365 and I have almost completed one year of photos. I always enjoy seeing what others are doing along this line

Comment

Wow, when I posted this I did not expect so much response I am so happy now.

Originally posted by lat View Post
              There is a great group of photographers that get together on a semi-regular basis here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/edmonton_flick_meet/

We'd love to have you (or anyone that's interested) join any of the flickrmeets that come up.
              For sure I will join that group. I love to meet with new photographers and exchange ideas and see their work.

24Karat thanks a lot and you are very kind to me. I use D90 and I like it a lot, except that I hope I could use ISO speeds higher than 1600 with less noise since I do a lot of night and low light photography.

Mike of course I love to meet photographers and see their work. I went through some of your work and I really like them. We should definitely meet up sometime.

Bolof, thanks I know about the Images Alberta, the problem is that I do not have a car and it is far from me. That is why I haven't joined yet.

Being in the city, I dont know what is project 365 could you explain? Post a link to your photos, I like to see them.

Cheers guys.

Comment

Very nice shots guy!

And you should stay away from both lat and mikebridge, they're both bad news
                Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Comment

Originally posted by bulliver View Post
                  Very nice shots guy!

Haha! really? that's good

Comment

Very nice shots guy!

and bulliver.

Comment

Very nice shots guy!

No, no. I'm just joking around. I know them both personally, and they are both excellent photographers and great guys...

Comment

Very nice shots guy!

No, no. I'm just joking around. I know them both personally, and they are both excellent photographers and great guys...
                        I know I got the joke dude So guys are we supposed to wait for the photographers of the flickr to arrange a meeting?!

Comment

Very nice shots guy!

I know I got the joke dude So guys are we supposed to wait for the photographers of the flickr to arrange a meeting?!
                          Or if you have something that you want to shoot, post it up there and whoever's into it will show up... You usually have people that will show up saying as much in the discussion that you start.

Comment

Yeah, you can certainly start your own meet if you wish. There are a few guys in the group who shoot street, so perhaps suggest a street-meet.

Comment

Do you guys know what is the deal with the 124 street and 107ish ave? I am planning to shoot there soon but I am not sure what time to go there? is this a bar place like whyte ave or is it a morning market ? Can you guys give me some detail on that ?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X