Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• framelessframes
    replied
    It's interesting. I came here to post about the new Edmonton Street Photography group on facebook here and I saw you have already did

Leave a comment:

• KevinSchenk
    replied
    Originally posted by bulliver View Post
    Kevin, can you re-post the details of the meet here for those of us not on facebook?
    I'll copy paste from the Facebook event:

----

The first meetup of the Edmonton Street Photography Group will be taking place on June 30. Not a street photographer? Then this is your perfect chance to learn how to be one.

This meetup will take the form of a group photo walk on Whyte Ave, where we take street shots together. This is a great learning experience for new and old photographers alike.

The rough plan so far is to meet up at the University Transit Station, in the building with lots of glass and escalators leading to the LRTs. It's the one connected to HUB.

From there, we will walk down 112th street to Whyte Ave taking pictures, and go for lunch on Whyte, where everyone can introduce themselves.

Afterwards, we will head out and shoot some street photography on Whyte. We can then go for dinner and share our photos, giving each other helpful criticism.

----

I know this might look like blatant advertising, but if you want to stay up to date, I will be posting more details on my website at http://ksfocus.com as the day gets nearer. I'll get my friend to update the group Twitter throughout the day, too, at @EdmontonStreetT.

Edit: I think your post just revealed that a Facebook group alone will not be enough! I'm working on a website, which will be linked from my other one when it goes live.

Edit 2: The website is now live at EdmontonStreetPhotography.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by KevinSchenk; 04-06-2012, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bulliver
    replied
    Kevin, can you re-post the details of the meet here for those of us not on facebook?

Leave a comment:

• KevinSchenk
    replied
    I just created an Edmonton Street Photography Facebook group, actually. Check it out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/132753266849394/. I googled Edmonton Street Photography afterwards, and this was the first thread to pop up.

We will be holding our first meet up on June 30, and hope that anyone that wants to can attend!

Leave a comment:

• framelessframes
    replied
    Guys. I could not wait for the meeting and I went to check it out. check out some of the photos on my blog. I found it interesting specially for afternoon light. It is different than whyte ave since it is a north-south street with no tall buildings on the western side. So good side light on the eastern side.
    Don't you guys worry about meeting as well. I will set it up soon since I am hungry for new places and I probably pay more visits to this 124 street. Also if you guys now more places like this or like whyte ave or jasper just let me know

Leave a comment:

• bulliver
    replied
    If we are talking street shooting then yeah, afternoon would be best. There are a few bars/pubs, but it is nothing like Whyte. More for shopping than nightlife.

Leave a comment:

• lat
    replied
    Its like a younger sibling of Whyte Ave... shops, restaurants, some bars, etc...

Probably a warm weekend afternoon would be your best bet. or evening if you like night shooting...

Start a thread in the flickrmeet group, I might join you, since I'm not too far from 124...

Leave a comment:

• framelessframes
    replied
    Do you guys know what is the deal with the 124 street and 107ish ave? I am planning to shoot there soon but I am not sure what time to go there? is this a bar place like whyte ave or is it a morning market ? Can you guys give me some detail on that ?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• bulliver
    replied
    Yeah, you can certainly start your own meet if you wish. There are a few guys in the group who shoot street, so perhaps suggest a street-meet.

Leave a comment:

• lat
    replied
    Originally posted by framelessframes View Post
    Very nice shots guy!

And you should stay away from both lat and mikebridge, they're both bad news
    Haha! really? that's good
    No, no. I'm just joking around. I know them both personally, and they are both excellent photographers and great guys...
    I know I got the joke dude So guys are we supposed to wait for the photographers of the flickr to arrange a meeting?!
    Or if you have something that you want to shoot, post it up there and whoever's into it will show up... You usually have people that will show up saying as much in the discussion that you start.

Leave a comment:

• framelessframes
    replied
    Very nice shots guy!

No, no. I'm just joking around. I know them both personally, and they are both excellent photographers and great guys...
    I know I got the joke dude So guys are we supposed to wait for the photographers of the flickr to arrange a meeting?!

Leave a comment:

• bulliver
    replied
    Very nice shots guy!

Leave a comment:

• lat
    replied
    Very nice shots guy!

and bulliver.

Leave a comment:

• framelessframes
    replied
    Very nice shots guy!

Leave a comment:

• bulliver
    replied
    Very nice shots guy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X