Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fire!

    It was a cold night on Friday January 20th and that was when the apartment on Saddleback Rd was burning. I was across the Blackmud Ravine and caught a few shots.


    A slightly different angle




    That is a lot of smoke. Even the buildings that didn't burn will likely be extensively damaged by the smoke or from the heat turned off. I think we have too many wood structure apartment buildings.

  • #2
    ^thanks for the photos, but a duplicate thread:

    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=22835

    Comment


    • #3
      That's likely to be steam and fog more than smoke.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by moahunter View Post
        ^thanks for the photos, but a duplicate thread:

        http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=22835
        That's a rant thread, this threads for images. If nobody, including me, complains about wood structures and just enjoys the photography, there will be no duplication.

        Thanks for pointing it out though.

        Comment


        • #5
          ^I guess this comment of yours looked similar to the other thread.

          Originally posted by Voice View Post
          I think we have too many wood structure apartment buildings.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by moahunter View Post
            ^I guess this comment of yours looked similar to the other thread.

            Originally posted by Voice View Post
            I think we have too many wood structure apartment buildings.
            You got me there Moahunter. I could go back and edit it out but then this discussion will seem pointless. You are correct.

            To anybody else in this thread, please go to the other thread to rant or stay here if you want to:
            1. Complain about people who take photos of other people's misery.
            2. Complain about the fact that the fire does not show Edmonton at its best.
            3. Applaud the photography.
            4. Comment on the variety of images you see on this forum.
            5. Ask a technical question about how I was able to push the little camera buttons in minus 20 weather.
            6. Say anything else

            Enjoy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Great captures!!!!!!!!
              Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

              Comment


              • #8
                Interesting photos.
                Edmonton: Capital of Canada's Bold West!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Voice View Post
                  To anybody else in this thread, please go to the other thread to rant or stay here if you want to:
                  1. Complain about people who take photos of other people's misery.
                  2. Complain about the fact that the fire does not show Edmonton at its best.
                  3. Applaud the photography.
                  4. Comment on the variety of images you see on this forum.
                  5. Ask a technical question about how I was able to push the little camera buttons in minus 20 weather.
                  6. Say anything else
                  OK, I LOL'd at this. Thanks for sharing the photos.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks like a great volume of water comes off a ladder. Nice captures.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you. It was luck and knowing the area that made the difference. I didn't want to become part of the problem by trying to drive by or taking my chances on 111 Street when so many drivers are looking at the fire. I stopped across the ravine and found an ideal spot where the trees on the ravine open up to give a clear view. It was freezing out there so I can't imagine what it must be like to have to work around the fire and water. I suppose for the firefighters, the only worse thing would be long days with no fire to go to (or just false alarms).

                      It was sure nice to know that we had a warm house to return to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That was a horrible fire. I didn't go anywhere near it when it was occurring (I could see it from my patio door), but walked over the next day to see how bad it was.









                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X