WEM Tilt-Shifted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEM Tilt-Shifted!

Since I had a 24mm Tilt-Shift in my temporary possession, I decided to make my very first tilt-shift video!
    And what better place & time to do it than at WEM on boxing day?
    I had only gave myself 1 hr to get whatever footage I could get, so I have limited...scenes. But I didn't reuse any of one scene at least.
    I've done some small one-area mini time lapses before, but never a full video before, so let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7epucYn2q1s

People watching is fun when they move funny and there's a great soundtrack in the background!
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Excellent work.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

great vid!....what's the name of the tune?

Comment

^ Sounds like a tune by Fatboy Slim
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Great video! The scene with the dolphin pool about 1:02 to 1:22 looks like a little diorama. Great effects with the tilt-shift lens. Are you gonna buy one?
              Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Would love you to do one on whyte and Jasper

Comment

Wow! Great work.
                  "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Fantastic! I like the Gallardo over the fountains

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                      Great video! The scene with the dolphin pool about 1:02 to 1:22 looks like a little diorama. Great effects with the tilt-shift lens. Are you gonna buy one?
                      I absolutely love this lens, it's a lot of fun. And it actually does have more uses than just making tilt-shift videos. However... it costs $2k+, which is... yeah

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                      I would love to do one there too, but I don't know how I would get ontop of a lot of the buildings for it. WEM was relatively easy since all I really had to do was be on the second floor.

Originally posted by glengiggity View Post
                      great vid!....what's the name of the tune?
                      Stare into the Sun by Graffiti6

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsomething View Post
                        Originally posted by IanO View Post
                        I would love to do one there too, but I don't know how I would get ontop of a lot of the buildings for it. WEM was relatively easy since all I really had to do was be on the second floor.
                        You could film from the rooftop patio of the Black Dog.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by gtsomething View Post
                          I absolutely love this lens, it's a lot of fun. And it actually does have more uses than just making tilt-shift videos. However... it costs $2k+, which is... yeah
                          If you bought a whole case of them, they probably would give you a discount.

Have you seen that infrared camera that Mike Holmes uses on his show? That thing is worth about $25,000.
                          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

"I would love to do one there too, but I don't know how I would get ontop of a lot of the buildings for it. WEM was relatively easy since all I really had to do was be on the second floor."

Top of parkade on 104st or 102st focussing on those corners of jasper.

Alternatively, perhaps see if EEDC might make you a deal to shoot from their roof in exchange for use privileges?

Comment

After much thinking and being way too busy to think.

I've decided to do a time lapse on Edmonton in general for a school project. It'll probably range from 3-5 minutes long... and the deadline for the project is April...something, so I don't have that much time. But if you guys have any other locations that might be easy to access and get up to, please post it here!

Comment

Working...
                              X