Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive edm poster

http://www.mikekendrick.ca/visit-edmonton/
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

words can't express how much this pisses me off.

Comment

And it's an Edmonton based artist.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

does it touch a nerve because although it's offensive to Edmonton and Edmontonians, its a tad true?
        I laughed a bit, and then was saddened that I was laughing because it does seem to ring true.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
            So why advertise it by starting a thread? I'd rather I hadn't seen it, it isn't my image of Edmonton.

Comment

I thought Calgary was the place with the over-inflated civic pride!
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Oh for **** sakes can you guys not take a joke?

Brilliant poster imo. I would love to have one!
                youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

^
                  Damn, already sold out

Comment

This offends me, everything offends me... I'm gonna crack a beer and live life.

Comment

Nothing anyone hasn't heard if you lived here long enough. It's a bit amusing, but not exactly mind boggling. Here's my humble critique:
                      True? somewhat yes.
                      Offensive? my gawd! NOT!
                      Brilliant? well, that would be a pretty achievable definition of brilliant...shucks, maybe even I am brilliant.

Comment

not sure where the "over inflated civic pride" line came from. nothing could be farther than the truth. shoulda subbed in "self-loathing"
                        be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Pretty funny in jest

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Now THAT poster will place us on "The Map"!

Oh, my mistake, I thought that the poster was the new advertising champaign to replace the Capital Ex and former Klondike Days.
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I see this poster and I actually had a chuckle. All the stereotypes about Edmonton are illustrated. But I think the bigger laugh comes out of the ignorance that some people have about our city.

Some of our ancestors endured ethnic jokes when they first came to Canada, partly because of ignorance, fear, and lack of knowledge. As time went on, they grew as Canadians, and prevailed. Newfoundlanders have capitalized on Newfie jokes, and it has been integrated into Canadian culture.

Part of growing up is learning to laugh at ourselves and our shortcomings. Some of them are self-inflicted, and they illustrate the stereotypes people have about Edmonton.

The contradiction about this poster though, is that people are moving to Edmonton. How much longer will these stereotypes last if Edmonton grows as a city?
                              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Working...
                              X