Edmonton's Got Balls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton's Got Balls!

The Talus Dome before landscaping and other final touches.

Looking up to the sky from the Talus Dome (yes it sounds too much like TELUS doesn't it).

A close up and unintentional self portrait at the Talus Doom. Yep, that is my son and me in the centre doom.

Last one. I really think the landscaping will make a huge difference. This is really so unlike Edmonton as we put most art, architecture and anything interesting in places where it is hard to get to in order to see. Nearly everybody will see this, and they will say, "Edmonton has balls!".

I lied, this is actually the last one.
    Last edited by Voice; 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM.

Hope they don't crack with the constant expansion/contraction cycle we see here in town.
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Comment

"Edmonton has yarbles" is the correct phrase...
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
        Okay, so what is a yarble?

Comment

Cool!

However we know what happened to the bulls' balls. I hope it's going to be raised way up high to prevent vandalism and or damage from gravel flung off cars, lawn mowers, etc. Plus to keep it clean of road grime.

What are they made from? Solid or hollow?
          Upon closer inspection it looks like it's going to sit on the ground! If so, it sure looks like a foible to me.
          Last edited by KC; 05-11-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

That's kinda cool....not the greatest place for cool art. A blind person who's drunk could tell me this!

As for Edmonton having balls........Balls are sensitive and weak. Grow a Vagina.....there a lot more durable and take a pounding.
            Last edited by Franky Knuckles; 06-11-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Anyone know if it is illuminated at night ?
              Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I like it but wonder if the sun reflecting off of it will blind drivers?
                It's not EIA it's YEG

Comment

Originally posted by Voice View Post
                  refering to the male genitalia. originates from the literary piece "A Clockwork Orange". "come and get one in the yarbles, if you've GOT any Yarbles!"
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                    Originally posted by Voice View Post
                    refering to the male genitalia. originates from the literary piece "A Clockwork Orange". "come and get one in the yarbles, if you've GOT any Yarbles!"
                    What's all this talk about genitalia. I was posting about ball "bearings". Edmonton's got ball bearings.

Comment

Looked like balls of mercury to me.

Comment

Other cities got balls too.

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Reminds me of slag from Inco in Sudbury, but I like it.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I dont get it. But I like it.
                            youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                            facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

I don't agree that we need to add art at 1% of the project cost. The 'art' should be incorporated into the architecture of the actual project pieces. I definately do not agree that this needs to be outsourced to a California company I am sure we have plenty of artists in town that could have devised something to this effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X