Edmonton Photos (Circa 1967)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton Photos (Circa 1967)

I came across some old photos and brochures of Edmonton from 1967.

Enjoy!

Downtown Edmonton 1967

Chateau Lacombe Brochure 1968

University of Alberta 1967

skyline sure a lot different back in 1967

Present day

Last edited by jagators63; 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Those are wonderful. I have some colour slides of the Santa Clause Parade going down Jasper Avenue in the early 1950s. I'll try to scan them this winter.
      Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Wonderful! Love those sunny blue skies portending a bright future for Edmonton.

I think I was born too late, I was too young to fully appreciate and enjoy the 60s.

Dig those beehive hairdos, wish the style would come back if only momentarily.
        Last edited by norwoodguy; 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: Hairstyle fetish
        Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

Thanks for the photos! I want some of those outfits they are wearing in the chateau lacombe photos.

Comment

I love the "double and twin-bedded rooms" with the pics of couples sitting far away from each other! Alberta under Socred rule, yes?
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

My family regaled in my dad's 50th anniversary in Canada (and Edmonton) at La Ronde. He told me and the grandkids that there was no high rises on the south bank (along Saskatchewan Drive). Definitely a lot of changes since then.
              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Wicked photos.

I had no idea the Chateau was a CP property.

Man the 60's rocked

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Thanks for sharing
                  youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                  facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Cool, a few of those shots look like a scene out of "Mad Men"

Comment

Originally posted by norwoodguy View Post
                        Wonderful! Love those sunny blue skies portending a bright future for Edmonton.

I think I was born too late, I was too young to fully appreciate and enjoy the 60s.

Dig those beehive hairdos, wish the style would come back if only momentarily.
                        I was born too late for the 60's too but it's one of the coolest eras.
                        Like Jasper said, it looks like a scene from Mad Men because that's the era that this city majorly boomed in. For that show, they're going period but the style is catching on and evolving.

Astro lounge, martinis, space age bachelor pads with dark hardwood and shag rugs. Funky lighting, horse races, and narrow suits. Every city has their own style. Edmonton's architecture is largely based around the 60's which we've absolutely butchered (Stanley Milner addition comes to mind).

We need to embrace that again and expand on modernizing the style with new materials and new technology.

Comment

Seems that using photobucket wasn't such a great idea. The internet is no place to store history.

Comment

Working...
                          X