Pictures from Churchill Square Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from Churchill Square Today

In case you don't know, the International Street Performers Festival is on. Great to see all the people in the square and especially all the kids and their smiling faces.

Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

I love that first shot. It almost looks like its a picture from the proposal for the Art Gallery. Very nicely done.

Comment

Those shots look great! You don't see life like that in downtown Calgary.

Comment

Nice work.
        What with all the rain we have been having get them shots while you can.
        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

More from today, Saturday. Sort of had a midway feel to it with all the food stalls and people about. Even a wedding party...

Comment

Great pics.
            There is a guy just started a new thread he wants ideas for wedding pictures.
            Maybe you should post that wonderful photo of the bride and groom on that thread.
            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

I think norwoodguy is obsessed with that blonde street performer with the purple dress.
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Great Pictures! I love to see edmonton activity in the summer. I have always been impressed as people will respond and turn out for events when they happen.

I really like the shot of the art gallery and the square. Looks terrific !

Both the square and the gallery have been lambasted as a waste of taxpayer money in the past. I think that the recent weather has demonstrated the resiliency of such features . a downpour will only curtail activities in the square and they are able to resume activities quickly afterwards. The gallery and nearby shopping and coffee shops provide a good temporary retreat . I remember a grass filled churchill square which would be mired in mud for a long time after a rain shower. I would go to the square once and not go back .

Comment

^The AGA is a great architectural feature and its organic feminine form is a perfect counterpoint to the masculine features of the pyramid and tower of City Hall. Hopefully over time other distinctive architectural features will be added to the buildings around the square.

Comment

^let's start with the LRT station in front to mirror the AGA design as originally intended.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Working...
                    X