• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tikiville43 on Flickr.com Old images of Edmonton

This full post is images from
    Uploaded on May 26, 2010
    by Tikiville43

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

These are great photos thanks for sharing
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Great pictures! I was surprise to see Buffalo Bill's. I had many family dinners there when I was young.

Thanks
      Sydney Wood

Comment

Those are fantastic.

Doesn't Jasper look great with a trolley running down the middle?

That old planetarium - such a small building, yet it was larger than life to me as a little kid.

What shopping mall is that? (aerial photo)

Comment

Westmount Mall
          Sydney Wood

Comment

Wow!

Those are FANTASTIC!
            The guy must really love this city huh?
            Great to see somebody taking the effort to save these images of nostalgia,the time and money he must've spent to compile all those Edmonton Postcards!
            Hope he isn't upset that ya posted his efforts on another site without asking him if he minds.....
            I'm sure he'll be happy with the nod of approval .

Comment

Originally posted by swood View Post
              Westmount Mall
              You guys referring to that large building and parking lot with the traffic circle nearby? I had no idea it was all undeveloped brush next to it!
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by IGNITERS View Post
                Those are FANTASTIC!
                The guy must really love this city huh?
                Great to see somebody taking the effort to save these images of nostalgia,the time and money he must've spent to compile all those Edmonton Postcards!
                Hope he isn't upset that ya posted his efforts on another site without asking him if he minds.....
                I'm sure he'll be happy with the nod of approval .
                He posted them publicly on Flickr, people don't do that unless they want to share them.
                Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

i remember going to Buffalo Bills too when i was a kid, as well as the old planetarium. the memories. i knew that mall was Westmount from the location of the traffic circle, but i as well didn't know it was so undeveloped around the area when the mall went up. fabulous pictures though! some from my youth, and some from my parents youth it looks like too!
                  Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

what is this in the photo ??

Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
                      what is this in the photo ??
                      I'm fairly certain that's Westmount Shopper's Park, Edmonton's first mall (built 1955-ish?).
                      Ut libet.

Comment

I think Westmount is also Alberta's oldest mall, and the mall wasn't enclosed.

Overall, great pictures! My parents and grandparents would remember many of those.
                        "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

westmount mall is Edmonton first ever shopping mall but oldest mall in alberta is unknown?

http://www.rewedmonton.ca/content_vi...ONTENT_ID=1147
                          Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
                            westmount mall is Edmonton first ever shopping mall but oldest mall in alberta is unknown?
                            Yes, Westmount was also Alberta's first shopping mall.

The concept of the "shopper's park" was so novel at the time that W.C. Woodward and Stanley Kresge personally attended William Hawrelak's ribbon-cutting ceremony. Westmount was a big first for Alberta.

I really like all these photos!
                            Ut libet.

Comment

I believe Meadowlark antedates Westmount, and was open-air when it first opened.

Comment

Working...
                              X