Bridges and Trains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Bridge Opens

After two years of construction, a new bridge has opened in Edmonton. I saw a bike or two on it but I think I'll wait until the spring before I ride my bike over this bridge.

A good place to walk a dog.

Note the unique tower design where one is vertical and the other has a tilt to it. The other set of towers is the opposite.

A place to rest and enjoy the scenery.
    Last edited by Voice; 06-12-2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

The bridge is awesome, cant wait to use it in the summer as well

Comment

It is pretty amazing! In keeping with tradition Edmonton has placed it where it can't be seen unless you go down into the valley with the intent of using it. While I appreciate this bridge and plan to use it, I wish they would build stuff like this across the Whitemud or over the Henday where travellers can't help but see it. That is what Calgary does and we should probably do the same. Until then, I'll continue seeking out the hidden wonders of Edmonton.

Comment

One More of the New Bridge

I just had to add one more of the new suspension bridge in the southwest of the City as the light was so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Voice View Post
            I just had to add one more of the new suspension bridge in the southwest of the City as the light was so nice.

Now lets see the city replace the Walterdale with as nice a structure...
            Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Same bridge but after a little more processing. This was taken on Sunday. After the snow we had today the valley will have a very different look.
              Last edited by Voice; 15-12-2010, 07:16 PM. Reason: Changed photo source

Comment

Does this bridge have a name?

The 102 Avenue bridge one block west of the RAM. Often crossed, seldom seen.

From March 4, 2012.

^ Underneath looking east.

^ Eighty years young.

^ North side. This can't be seen in the summer. And I didn't know the trail system went underneath. Are there any other bridges in Edmonton like this?

Comment

My fiance and I walked under that last week prior to all the snow. A very nice walk pretty much in the centre of the city.

Comment

That is one of Edmonton's most beautiful bridge.
                    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

I'm not as much of a bridge guy but I had a couple shots that were ok that I took this last fall.

LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
                        I'm not as much of a bridge guy but I had a couple shots that were ok that I took this last fall.

First pic is of the old road bridge in the Whitemud Creek Ravine alongside 23 ave. Built in Winnipeg by Dominion Bridge. The year I cannot recollect.

Comment

Working...
                        X