Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridges and Trains

Bridges and Trains, old and new.
    Last edited by Voice; 29-03-2010, 07:34 PM.

There is sure not much for responses to this photo. Perhaps this will help.

Post your Edmonton bridge or train photo's here!

Comment

My god, that looks fantastic Voice! Excellent framing/composition!
      ----

Comment

Originally posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
        My god, that looks fantastic Voice! Excellent framing/composition!
        Okay now I know you are pulling my leg. I guess I caused that myself with the reply to my own post. Still, I really thought it was a nice photo.

Comment

I'm not pulling anyone's leg, it's a fantastic image.
          ----

Comment

I like the contrast between the old and new. A sort of big brother small brother.
            Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Where is it?

Test your knowledge of Edmonton. Where is this roadway?

Comment

^ Going from the South Campus Transit Centre to Fox Drive. It is for buses exclusively.

Comment

Correct

Originally posted by Mercucio View Post
                    ^ Going from the South Campus Transit Centre to Fox Drive. It is for buses exclusively.
                    Mercucio wins the prize - if there were a prize - because that is correct! It was funny how the city made public so many details of the new LRT route but I've never heard mention of this. I figured it had to be a bus exit only as it was too narrow for vehicle traffic and too substantial for pedestrians. I also saw a bus up there when I took a few photo's. The overpass looks kind of cool though. It should save transit riders a lot of time.

Comment

Another Bridge

Okay that last one wasn't difficult but neither is this one. Where in Edmonton is this bridge?

Comment

Looks like Anthony Henday Drive, crossing the North Saskatchewan River at the SW corner, going eastbound.
                        "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                          Looks like Anthony Henday Drive, crossing the North Saskatchewan River at the SW corner, going eastbound.
                          The Cat is right! It is such a bland bridge from topside where the cars travel but such a fantastic bridge from the pedestrian level. The city recently paved a pathway on the north side of the bridge heading north, northwest. I'll have to bring my bike soon and see where it goes.

Comment

That was another easy one. The V-shaped transmission tower is a dead giveaway.
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

You can see the extra wide piers to facilitate widening of the bridge in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X