Xmas House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas House

I heard of this house from a friend and found it is a place worh going. Every window is decorated even the basement ones!

A photomaniac in Edmonton
    https://picasaweb.google.com/bee1013

Amazing house located on the corner of 144 Avenue and 97 Street. The owner adds new decorations every year. If you have not seen it I would recommend you drive by and have a look.

Comment

in other news, rolling blackouts sweep across the city of Edmonton. in a statement released by Epcore it appears the cause of the blackouts has been narrowed to a neighborhood in north Edmonton. crews say they expect to have the problem fixed in time for New Years.....

but ya wow thats a lot of lights. the ones on the large tree must have been a pain to get up.
      be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

^^^ actually I thought there was an article last year on the owner's power use and special requirements he's had to install...

Its great to see, PROVIDING people stop their vehicles and walk around. I've seen too many rubber-neckers almost cause accidents. The house is great, but get OUT of your vehicles and take a look!!!
        i love lamp

Comment

Drive by this a lot, quite a site. Cant imagine anyone who loves X-mas that much tho!!
          youtube.com/BrothersGrim
          facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures bee.
            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

This house rules all !

This house RULES!
              This guy should get a key to the Christmas city!
              wish the City of Edmonton shared their excitment for the season !

Comment

hahaha superb. they really take christmas seriously.
                ----

Comment

^Is decorating your house in lights taking Christmas seriously? Actually, I don't know if it is or not, just looks like a fun thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                    ^Is decorating your house in lights taking Christmas seriously? Actually, I don't know if it is or not, just looks like a fun thing to do.
                    To this degree, yes.

Anyone who spends more than a few hours or an afternoon decorating is a SERIOUS fan of Christmas.
                    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

These are so awesome. Thank you so muck for sharing. My kids love them.

~ Sam
                      Have a great day ...

Comment

No Christmas lights this year !

Unfortunately , no lights at this house this year - End of era . The Owner cites as dispute with a city official . I am going to miss it as it was a bit of a tradition to visit it with the kids as they grew up. He is selling off all the decorations in an ongoing yard sale . I just bought a couple for the memories.

Like much in life, it was a good thing while it lasted .. the memories remain.

( Does any one have some recent pictures of this location to post ??)

Comment

That's really too bad... a shame. Any idea what the dispute would be?

My lights went up Saturday, makes looking outside so much more fun.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Is there anything this city wont trample? All that effort to bring smiles to us and this is what the city gives back? What the $%#@
                            Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                              That's really too bad... a shame. Any idea what the dispute would be?

My lights went up Saturday, makes looking outside so much more fun.
                              Here is a link to some of the regulations that the city is imposing...
                              http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/man-behin...ules-1.1226455
                              Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
                              X