Random Edmonton shots II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Edmonton shots II

All right! So after some feedback from the C2E community (thanks etownboarder, Gemini, norwoodguy, noodle, and lat) I have decided to start a new thread and mix things up a bit. I'll post a smaller size, linked through to the big one, but don't be surprised if I post the large version of a shot I particularily like

Also, I would like to get more chit-chat going on in here. Not just more feedback, although I very much appreciate it, but I would like folks to feel free to tell stories, recall memories and stuff like that. See a photo that reminds you of your youth? Tell us about it. See a building you used to work/live in? What was it like?

Anyway...we'll see how thing go. For now, here's a few shots from the last week or so. One of these was not taken in Edmonton, see if you can guess which one...

Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

gorgeous shots

thanks

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^^is that last photo the mosque on Manning Hwy?
      My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

Thanks IanO...

And booster..yes it is on Manning, but it is not a mosque, it is a Gurdwara, or Sihk Temple.

Comment

Thanks Bulliver for clarifying that. It definitely has a bling quality to it.
          My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

Originally posted by bulliver View Post
            Thanks IanO...

And booster..yes it is on Manning, but it is not a mosque, it is a Gurdwara, or Sihk Temple.
            The Sikh temple looks great! A wonderful piece of architecture. Thanks Bulliver.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

The first shots, I believe, were taken at the Edmonton Cemetery. I don't recall seeing the tall cross in the city. Is that the one taken elsewhere?

Comment

Beautiful light in those cemetery images, very artistic.
                Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

Thanks again everyone...

KJ2007, the tall cross was shot in the same cemetary as the others.

Comment

HOLY... wow, nice shots buddy. Amazing work.

Comment

Thanks. Here's a silhouette triptych:

Comment

As always, great shots.
                        Thank you for posting.
                        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Do you do a lot of post processing? If so, what program do you use? Are there some good value ones you recommend?

Great shots. I love the ones with the "India" colours.
                          aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

Thank you Gemini!

And Jimbo, I wouldn't say a lot of processing, no. For the large majority of shots I just add a saturation and contrast boost and run an unsharp mask using a raw editor: Raw Therapee. The program is free so that's good value. You have to shoot raw though. I don't use photoshop/aperture/lightroom or any of those so I can't speak to them...

Other free software I use is Hugin to stitch panos and Qtpfsgui for HDRs. I use The Gimp for more extreme edits like when I have to clone stuff out.

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
                            http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
                            http://www.gimp.org/

And here's some new stuff:

Comment

Awesome stuff, bulliver, you have a real skill with that camera! Some splendidly framed shots with great composition! More, more!
                              Imagine: a world free of hypothetical situations!

Comment

Working...
                              X