X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
    Originally posted by cnr67 View Post
    WOW! Just found this thread doing a random google search.

Amazing photos. Lifetime Beverly resident. Born hear and god damn it ill die here!

May I save copies of these for myself? I think I want to make a print of the Drake picture to hang up.
    Curiously, do you know of anyone with pics of this area prior to 1970. I belong to the Olde Towne Beverly Historical Society and any info is greatly appreciated.Thanks.
    Chris
    I do not.

Didnt know there was a historical society still active in Beverly. Is there still an active community leauge? I always wanted another community festival like they did when they unvielved the 'old town' theme. I remember 118 Ave was shut off from 40 - 38 st and there was a great festival. I wish this was yearly and would have no problem getting involved so it would be.
    There is indeed a Historical Society just for Beverly. And yes there are community leagues here.We have re printed a book called "Built on Coal".It's an account of the history of this area,people events,and business since it's inception from a village to a town. We also sponsor the carriage rides during historic Edmonton week.Any info you would like can be obtained at the Beverly Business Association office at 40 st and 118 ave just west of the RBC. Ask for a gentleman named Cornel.Hope this helps you.
    Cheers.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Built on Coal is a brilliant book. I will swing by sometime and say hello
      youtube.com/BrothersGrim
      facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Built on Coal is a brilliant book. I will swing by sometime and say hello
        Tell him Chris sent you.!
        Thanks for the interest.
        Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Very nice pics, my bud cnr lives in that fine area...were you using a digital or SLR camera? Great clairety and sharp images.
          Quiet...I'm trying to hear the voices inside my head!

Comment

@fool4christ: Thanks. I was using both...a digital SLR...
            Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Comment

Are you the dude I caught this morning taking pictures of my neighbors restaurant on 97Steet with an old SLR 35mm camera?

Comment

^ As I moved to BC about 6 months ago...I think rather not

Comment

I miss your fine pictures.
                  Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Thanks very much Gemini, I miss your kind comments! And I forgot that I had a few more shots to post from my last days in town...I added them to my 'Random Shots II' thread...

Comment

beverly boys

Does anybody remember the Beverly boys back in the 60s
                      I'm looking for any photos stories anything about them
                      Particularly about red 59 Ford the kind with the big wings

Comment

Wow how did i miss this great shots guys.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
                          Wow how did i miss this great shots guys.
                          might have something to do with the OP being 2009, and your account being 2012... which might lead to a good suggestion to go through some of the subsections of this forum, that date back to 2006, and discover some other hidden gems like this thread.
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

When I first came to stay in Edmonton, I was staying in a hotel in Beverly by the week. I appreciated the history and the hard working class history of the area. It was certainly separate before joining into the city.

It has the store fronts , the history and connection to the city that will make it one of the unique character areas as we grow . I look forward to what a new generation can contribute and bring to the area . While the city continues to pursue growth , areas like this and Alberta avenue ( among others) will continue to re-emerge as part of the city's heart and soul.

Comment

Working...
                            X