X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcantor View Post
    Originally posted by 24karat View Post
    Capitol Boulevard
    that would get too confusing only being one block over from capital boulevard...
    Is Capital Boulevard official? I've never seen it on any of the street signs. Of course, I usually don't look at them as I know my way around town.

The only time I remember seeing it in use was on the building at 10044-108 st when it was called 44 Capital Boulevard.

Comment

https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...boulevard.aspx

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

We should rename that 108 Street. I’ve always liked the grid and numbering system. Simple and logical.

I’ve always thought it was funny that buildings can have both names and street address numbers but for some reason roads have to be one or the other. Why can’t Whyte Avenue also be 82nd Avenue with the name being an alias, moniker or whatever.

Another example: YEG = Edmonton International Airport (or whatever the official name is). The two seem to be able to coexist just fine.

Comment

82nd Avenue - Whyte Ave!
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I’ve always thought it was funny that buildings can have both names and street address
            We always advised people to NOT use a building’s name on letterhead, mailing addresses or business cards. Building names can change, their addresses generally don’t
            Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Mayfair Street!

Then in 12 years we rename it Hawrelak Boulevard.

Comment

Originally posted by 240GLT View Post
                I’ve always thought it was funny that buildings can have both names and street address
                We always advised people to NOT use a building’s name on letterhead, mailing addresses or business cards. Building names can change, their addresses generally don’t
                which is a bit of change in philosophy from when landlord's standard lease forms for office buildings as well as for shopping centres obligated the tenant to use the building name on their letterhead, mailing addresses and business cards (and on any advertising and/or promotional material generated by the tenant).

the higher the quality of the building and the more respected and well-known its name was, the easier it was to get the tenant's to accept. even locally today, just about any edmontonian could tell you which building manulife place is and how to get there. i'm not sure you would get the same response/certainty if you asked about 10180 101 Street.
                i'm also not sure anyone could even tell you which of the flanking streets ama's offices are addressed from.

i would hazard a guess that this often applies equally to smaller buildings like the brighton block or ritchie market as well.
                "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Well everyone's address has changed. That dang NW, SW etc.
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Call the street "My Way".
                    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Working...
                    X