Decent signs on the freeway so tourists will see Ft EdmPk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent signs on the freeway so tourists will see Ft EdmPk

this great park is essentially invisible to visitors - as they race by on the freeway they have no advance knowledge that the park is just off the road. It's invisible. It's another lost opportunity to impress our visitors.

True. The pathetic little road signs that do exist are too small to read at speed - especially if you are unfamiliar with the area - aka TOURIST.....

Comment

Same goes for the Zoo, I still have a hard time remembering where to go!

Comment

West Edmonton Mall is the only attraction that I know of in Edmonton that has large signs at all major roads into Edmonton.

Hmmm... A private corporation invests in advertising and they are a resounding success, city owned attractions do no advertising and are continually subsidized.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by IKAN104
          Hmmm... A private corporation invests in advertising and they are a resounding success, city owned attractions do no advertising and are continually subsidized.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.
          There is... but where could it possibly be?
          Time to grow up.

Comment

Under the couch cushion....next to the toonie...
            President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Any large Fort Ed Park signs should also read:
              "BRAD PITT WAS HERE!" :P
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^Forget that, more like Angelian Jolie...woooo!

I hope Fort Edmonton continues to expand with new buildings and attractions. The Selkirk was a definite step in the right direction.

Comment

Fort Edmonton Parkway

I wanted the City to rename Fox Drive Fort Edmonton Parkway and then give the Fox name to the Equestrian Centre: Fox Equestrian Centre.

Comment

This is true. We should have large signs for all the attractions. THis would ensure that you find it. The road signs are not that expensive but do a world of good for a visitor. By the way the signage to downtown is **** (thats another topic due to the hairpin on gateway).

Comment

Now that the economy is slowing and the City has to be getting concerned with revenues, it sure would be great if they'd get more entrepreneurial towards attracting more paying customers and tourists to great places like Ft. Edmonton.

I sure think improved and creative signage would serve as a daily reminder to everyone that they really do have to take the time to visit Ft. Edmonton, the Zoo, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                        I wanted the City to rename Fox Drive Fort Edmonton Parkway and then give the Fox name to the Equestrian Centre: Fox Equestrian Centre.
                        I heard on the radio this morning that the Fort Edmonton board is tried to get the city naming committee to rename the nearby LRT stop to include Ft. Edmonton in the description. They were denied. The board is approaching the city now.

Would renaming FOX Drive and calling it FORT EDMONTON PARKWAY be so difficult?

In the early 1990s I'd suggested to the city a placement of a short stockade-wall-like sign along the freeway to highlight to tourists and visitors alike the Ft. Edmonton presence.

I've made the statement that it seems there's a decree out there that states something like; Thou shalt not attempt to increase visitations to city facilities, nor shall one attempt to make any city facility self sustaining by profitting off or increasing tourism and numbers of visitors, thou shall only tax residents for the subsistence city facilities. Thou shall keep great city facilities hidden from the general public view whenever possible....

Comment

Renaming South Campus LRT station to Fort Edmonton Park station is absolutely asinine. The LRT station is nowhere near Fort Ed.
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Fort Edmonton doesn't have any kind of signage, even little ones on Fox Drive. The city has signs for the Valley Zoo, how about some for Fort Edmonton, with two on the Whitemud and two on Fox Drive.
                            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Ft Ed has a HUGE neon sign on Fox Drive.

But, better signage on Whitemud might be worth investigating.
                              ... gobsmacked

Comment

Working...
                              X