Nordic Spa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordic Spa

I saw on the news tonight that a Nordic spa is opening in Kananaskis. Maybe an idea for Edmonton's river valley?
    http://media.travelalberta.com/press...f-its-kind.htm
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Love this idea! I was in Budapest recently checking out their thermal baths and it would be so cool to have something like that in our river valley

Comment

Quebec company announces plans for nordic spa in Edmonton area

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

We might go from 0-2 or 3 within the next 3 yrs.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

As someone who has spent a lot of time at Spa Norik in Chelsea (near Ottawa and Gatineau) this could be a very good thing.

Comment

"The new spa will create more than 450 jobs, according to the company."

Even with ancillary jobs, I find that number very hard to believe.

Comment

I think one by Elk Island Park would be a hit.
              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                It would certainly be a bigger draw, helping boost Elk Island's visitor numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                  Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                  It would certainly be a bigger draw, helping boost Elk Island's visitor numbers.

Please note where the Spa is NOT going.

#Edmonton #RiverValley

Comment

If there will be 3 Nordic spas as per IanO's post then dollars to donuts there will be one in the river valley. Not sure where, but I'd say near the Royal Glenora or the Kinsman.

Comment

Don't know if these are legit renders of the project. If so - looks great.
                      Dub's firm is involved.
                      https://globalnews.ca/news/5328418/e...dic-spa-plans/

Comment

Bingo

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

This is different from the Quebec company in Parkland County, yes?
                          I'm curious to know where these folks will be located.

Comment

I'm also curious about location. It says 'in the heart of Edmonton' but then also 'two acres'...
                            "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

Ryan Jespersen at CHED's interview with Hank van Weelden, managing partner, Edmonton Nordic Spa. According to the interview, this is different from the Quebec Parkland county spa. It is the same Alberta company that created the Kananaskis Nordic spa. The interviewee was cagey about the exact location, but it will be within city limits, and will not be located at Rossdale, Louis McKinney, or Emily Murphy Park. It will operate 365 days a year, with both in door and out door components. It will be 18+ only in the spa itself, but there are plans for an on-site daycare facility. AGLC rules currently prevent liquor being drunk in the hot pools, but the site itself will be licensed. The fee will be around the $75 per day fee for the Kananaskis facility, with separately paid add-on services like massages available on site.

It sound like it would be a great addition to Edmonton. I wonder if they will co-locate it with the Mayfair Golf Club, as that would put it on privately leased, already developed land in the river valley, and I'm sure the people affluent enough to use the golf club would also use the Nordic spa.

Comment

Working...
                              X