Guinness Google marker attempt - Aug 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness Google marker attempt - Aug 28

This Friday the organizers of Edmonton's First Nuit Blanche will be attempting to break a Guinness World Record ... for the largest Google marker.

Friday Aug 28 from 530-7pm.

Here is a link for more information https://www.facebook.com/events/470873606417929/

About Nuit Blanche: Nuit Blanche is an all night festival that will be held downtown on September 26 (sunset to sunrise).

Here is a link for more info http://nuitblancheedmonton.ca/

Please share widely. Hope to see you on August 28 ... and again on September 26. http://nuitblancheedmonton.ca/

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Wonder how this is going right now, and if at least 500 people showed up.
    Join over 19,000 of us at Shoutout Edmonton! -- www.ShoutoutEdmonton.com

Comment

So how did this go? Heard nothing about how many showed up. I'm guessing the record wasn't broken?
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

What an incredibly pointless, mindless gathering. Whats next? Guiness book of records for most people being a Nike symbol, Coke bottle, can of tomato soup?

This is thread worthy? Worthy of anything?

I love the obtuse wording as well.

Words to add to my comprehension list.

Nuit

Blanche

Dronie

Eventbrite

Googlemarker

Lemming..

This is not the nature of event even worth a mention on a civic board. If anything chronic mentions of random gatherings like this that are virtually impossible to get excited about make it seem as if nothing of substance goes on downtown. I would expect downtown Two Hills to have more entertaining event listings than what often gets mentioned here on C2E.
        Last edited by Replacement; 30-08-2015, 01:00 PM.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Maybe if they had some real information on the Edmonton website.

From the website it says they there will be 30 artworks. To me that could mean 30 framed oil paintings.

No mention of music, entertainment or any idea of what would interest the general public. Looks like Calgary has one so is this just looks like a "me too" project IMHO.

Montreal

Toronto

Toronto

Paris

Mons

Mons
          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
            Maybe if they had some real information on the Edmonton website.

From the website it says they there will be 30 artworks. To me that could mean 30 framed oil paintings.

No mention of music, entertainment or any idea of what would interest the general public. Looks like Calgary has one so is this just looks like a "me too" project IMHO.

Precisely. Given the information provided in thread, and linked what could possibly motivate somebody to come out to this event. Get a selfie taken by a drone. Please, who cares?

I'm sure in some cities this event is actually worthwhile and interesting. Me too indeed.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

^ Indeed, why is the Complete Program Detail just the bio on "Dave Dyment"

Facebook creeping slightly more informative: Gary James Joynes' Peregrination, Kelly Mark's artwork and Mile Zero Dance will be hosting Drive In/Dance In.

Comment

Originally posted by Meo View Post
                ^ Indeed, why is the Complete Program Detail just the bio on "Dave Dyment"

Facebook creeping slightly more informative: Gary James Joynes' Peregrination, Kelly Mark's artwork and Mile Zero Dance will be hosting Drive In/Dance In.
                At least in relation to the Edmonton event it smacks of self aggrandizing promotion more than actually putting on an event. Shameful actually.

I see still no update from any source on what actually occurred, how many actually showed up, and in the least confirmation the "google marker" attempt bombed.

Worthy of another pointless thread, but not an update I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                  So how did this go? Heard nothing about how many showed up. I'm guessing the record wasn't broken?
                  Seeing that nobody in the know has bothered to respond, and heard nothing about it in the media, I'm assuming this was a fail.
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Guess so. Nothing to lose sleep over....
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

It happened, people where there, not sure of the final count, but less than they had hoped.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                        It happened, people where there, not sure of the final count, but less than they had hoped.
                        Did enough show up for an apostrophe?

Comment

Working...
                        X