Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes signage would help- but the city won't as they say it become 'sign pollution". There should be signs on entrances and exits to parks that state you are entering/exiting an off leash area. I don't recall seeing this at any Goldbar access points.

Comment

They have those signs at the Mill Creek off-leash area. They also put up some signs going into the creek area that reminded people that they needed to have their dogs on leash at all times. Those were quickly defaced and then removed (and I'm guessing it wasn't by the city).
      They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
        They have those signs at the Mill Creek off-leash area. They also put up some signs going into the creek area that reminded people that they needed to have their dogs on leash at all times. Those were quickly defaced and then removed (and I'm guessing it wasn't by the city).
        This has happened at the Strathcona CL outdoor rink as well. Folks have taken to using it as a dog run during the summer. Someone (I'm assuming the CL) put up signs stating no dogs in the rink (not the park mind you, just the rink) and some aholes have ripped the signs down after a week or so.
        Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Comment

Users of the Grand Trunk off leash park are asking the C of E to put a fence around this park. I no longer have a dog but when I did I would drive to this park as it was a great size for Fido to stretch his legs. I did see a fair amount of close calls when dogs would stray past the grass. If the C of E can blow millions on photo radar fiascos I think they could pony up for a chain link fence.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...237/story.html
          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Fence is needed there. I've seen a few was-dog splotches on the road in my 3.5 years using 113A st and 127 Ave frequently.
            "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Quite a few friends use that dog park, they've noted in the past that it should be fenced
              Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

It should only take a day and couple hundred bucks to put up a temporary snow fence until a permanent solution can make its slow progression through all the funding and approvals.

Comment

Originally posted by JJMorrocco View Post
                  It should only take a day and couple hundred bucks to put up a temporary snow fence until a permanent solution can make its slow progression through all the funding and approvals.
                  I'd rather see dead dogs than orange plastic flapping in the wind for a decade, and I'm sure homeowners bordering it would agree.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Well that's a bit morbid and tasteless

But there should be no reason for a snow fence along there. The city should be able to pony up fro a proper fence
                    Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Glad to see the C of E is reviewing dog parks. It would be great if the areas for dogs could be fenced. Fido can run around without fear of getting lost or run over. Park patrons can have their turf, Fido his/hers.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Revie...067/story.html
                      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Alex Decoteau Park off-leash area opens September 9.
                        www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                        X