Nextdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextdoor

We received a mail at home today inviting us to joint Nextdoor for our neighbourhood.

Upon googling, it seems this app is a private social network allowing neighbours to exchange messages and perhaps organize events, ask for help or info say on babysitting etc.

overall seems like an ok app. But wanted to see if others have received similar invites, if anyone has prior experience with this, or any feedback or concerns etc.

Never hear of it until today. Aren't there enough social media apps already?
    Our neighbourhood uses FB a lot for networking. Every neighbourhood will likely have a buy/sell/swap page on FB, which is good for communicating out notices. I'd say we can reach 40% of the households in the neighbourhood on FB.

Comment

I have my on app which is going over to all my neighbors for coffee. Our interactions are way more animated.
      " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

I have an app too called Sangria.

My neighbour climbed over our fence last evening to join us on our deck to share the app. We downloaded a whole pitcher of it.
        Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-08-2019, 06:24 AM.
        Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I dont even understand apps for neighbors. I make sure we're all interactive with each other. The closer we are, the safer our properties and neighborhoods will be. It seems to work wonders for us. That said, it helps when all candidates testosterone days are well passed and me being the baby of the gang lol.

Comment

I have the work outdoors in backyard and front yard app and the wave to neighbors and talk to them as they pass by app. Seems to work well for meeting neighbors and staying acquainted. A side benefit of this app is home security, people watching out for each other, and some addons are free milk, cream, sugar, flour delivery if you run out as well as complimentary rides to the train station when going on vacay.

In winter theres a bonus whoever gets out first shovels sidewalks addon.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

What about the Good Neighbour Fence, Incessantly Barking Dog and Leaf Bower apps? (The latter two operate independently of your neighbours’ wishes.)
              Last edited by KC; 26-08-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Yupper and that should be the way. The other bonus is the odd apple pies that just magically lands on your front gate lol. Phone apps cant do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                  Yupper and that should be the way. The other bonus is the odd apple pies that just magically lands on your front gate lol. Phone apps cant do that.
                  You obviously haven’t added the skip the Dishes for Neighbours app or the Drone Control app

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                    Those "odd apples pies", you might want to have them tested at a lab...

Watch out for the cloudy purple Kool aide that they leave on your porch as well.
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Only when I get really biatchi with them. As per the purple kool aide, I thought it was ice tea. That explains the funny euphoric feelings lol.

Comment

...and the clumps of you hair falling out.

Comment

Working...
                        X