Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the average rent in Edmonton would be $1,200 up and for pet friendly building you would have to pay a none refundable pet fee but not all

Comment

I would say using a website like RentEdmonton.com is a good place. They will tell you up front in the ad if pets are allowed. People with multiple pets should note though some places charge the pet deposit PER pet meaning somebody with a dog and three cats could be putting up a large amount of money. Best to ask first instead of wasting your time.

As for areas, if you are scared of the downtown area the Westwood neighborhood is right by NAIT and generally has cheaper rent ($700-900 for a 1BD). It's not Southwest Edmonton... you will see homeless people and shady characters but during the day it's generally safe. Low crime and most of the crime is property crime such as licence plate theft. Hardly any break ins in the area and virtually no violent crime. The neighborhood is mostly student residences which makes it quieter and a little less intimidating. Nighttime isn't too bad either. I have only ever been bothered a few times in the area by grungy people looking for a smoke or trying to gain access to the apartment building. The trick is to find a good building with good landlords that keep up the property and only rent to good people.

Comment

Try the Westview Village on 215 west end it is a Mobil community and their are rentals out there and dogs are welcome good luck

Comment

Pet friendly apartments list

Hello everyone

I have a website that lists pet friendly apartments in Edmonton. We have lots of buildings on there that are dog and cat friendly! Tho currently we dont know of any buildings that allow large dogs. Some of the ones listed MIGHT, but we dont know specifics because the companies general policy says small dogs are allowed.

http://www.petrentals.com/pet-friend...ments/alberta/

Hope this helps some people!

PLEASE let me know if you find any buildings that allow pets, or if you find out more details about buildings we already have listed.

We really need to find some medium and large dog friendly apartments!

The website is new, so stay tuned for more features, more data and more cities! Currently we have Metro Vancouver, Victoria, and Edmonton.

Edmonton is one of the dog-friendliest cities I have seen. Because Boardwalk and Mainstreet generally allow dogs and cats in most buildings, and they own most of the buildings in the city, there is a huge selection for cat and small dog owners.
          PetRentals.com
          Helping people find pet friendly apartments for rent

Comment

Madison Place apartment in the Alberta Avenue neighbourhood allows pets, and you don't currently pay a DD for a pet, as long as it's not restricted, and has it's vaccines up to date. The owner of the building recently said if people wanted a dog it needed to be knee-high or smaller, so it sounds like going forward they may not allow large sized dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ameheu View Post
              Madison Place apartment in the Alberta Avenue neighbourhood allows pets, and you don't currently pay a DD for a pet, as long as it's not restricted, and has it's vaccines up to date. The owner of the building recently said if people wanted a dog it needed to be knee-high or smaller, so it sounds like going forward they may not allow large sized dogs.
              Whats the address? Or a website for the property? I can only find a "Madison Court Apartments".
              PetRentals.com

Comment

Originally posted by PetRentals View Post
                Whats the address? Or a website for the property? I can only find a "Madison Court Apartments".

It's 11836-89 street, they don't have a website, an older couple own the small walk up (there is only 18 units in it).

Comment

It's 11836-89 street, they don't have a website, an older couple own the small walk up (there is only 18 units in it).
                  Thanks! I added it to our website. If you have an email or phone number for the building manager, you can post that and I will update the listing.
                  PetRentals.com

Comment

The most frustrating thing is having a large dog, like I do, and searching for places that claim to be pet friendly only to later find out by 'pet' they only mean small dog or cat. It's almost impossible to find a place that will accommodate large dogs. Bloody frustrating is what it is!

Comment

crazy cat lady

hello family of three moving from nova scotia .have a family of cats coming.these cats are very special .have 6 .do not know if there are any places that take that many.if so please let me know.cant leave them behind.they are my second family .

Comment

Hello everyone

I have a website that lists pet friendly apartments in Edmonton. We have lots of buildings on there that are dog and cat friendly! Tho currently we dont know of any buildings that allow large dogs. Some of the ones listed MIGHT, but we dont know specifics because the companies general policy says small dogs are allowed.

http://www.petrentals.com/pet-friend...ments/alberta/

Hope this helps some people!

PLEASE let me know if you find any buildings that allow pets, or if you find out more details about buildings we already have listed.

We really need to find some medium and large dog friendly apartments!

The website is new, so stay tuned for more features, more data and more cities! Currently we have Metro Vancouver, Victoria, and Edmonton.

Edmonton is one of the dog-friendliest cities I have seen. Because Boardwalk and Mainstreet generally allow dogs and cats in most buildings, and they own most of the buildings in the city, there is a huge selection for cat and small dog owners.
                        I may check this out, as I will likely need a rental for a while in the next few months, and have a small dog. Thanks for the site.

Comment

Thanks! I added it to our website. If you have an email or phone number for the building manager, you can post that and I will update the listing.
                          Great resource! When my current renters eventually move on I will post my rental house on this site.
                          Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by 240GLT View Post
                            Great resource! When my current renters eventually move on I will post my rental house on this site.
                            Are they moving out soon? I am currently looking for a 2 or more bedroom place, pet friendly (I have to small dogs - 11 lbs & 15 lbs - with references) for September 1st.

Comment

Working...
                            X