No announcement yet.

Edmonton launches 311 service

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edmonton launches 311 service


    Citizens can call 311, 24-hours a day, every day of the year for access to City of Edmonton information, programs and services!

    Within Edmonton city limits, dial: 3-1-1
    Outside Edmonton city limits: 780-442-5311

    Non-emergency calls only

    311 does not replace 911. Anyone requiring fire, ambulance, police emergency assistance must call 911 for emergency assistance.

    All non-emergency police numbers remain unchanged.

    Dialing 311

    Callers will be greeted by a 311 agent. A majority of callers to 311 will find that the agent is able to assist them with their call through to completion.

    In other cases the details of the call will be forwarded to the appropriate department for completion of service.

    Services available from 311

    Citizens can access a range of information and services from the 311 agent including:
    • Booking City of Edmonton inspections
    • General information
    • Facility scheduling information
    • Program registration
    • Purchasing a pet licence
    • Registering a bylaw complaint
    • Transit information

    Numbers not included in 311

    DATS registrants will continue to call DATS directly to book DATS service 780-496-4567.

    Edmonton Transit’s automated BusLink service is still available 780-496-1600.

    Note: Utilities – EPCOR, TELUS, and ATCO are not part of 311.

    Special assistance

    Non-English speaking callers may request the assistance of an interpreter.

    The 311 agent will connect with an external interpretive service to assist with the call. The interpretive service offers assistance in more than 150 languages.

    Deaf and hard of hearing callers can reach 311 using:
    TTY 780-944-5555

    Numbers currently in service

    The Transit Information, Planning and Development's main number, and over 90 other numbers for City services and facilities have been forwarded to 311. These numbers will remain forwarded well into 2009; after which time citizens will be required to dial 311. The 2009 Blue Pages in the City of Edmonton Telus phone book will list 311 as the number to call for most City of Edmonton services.

    Reaching 311 from outside of Edmonton

    Residents of neighbouring communities interested in City of Edmonton information and services can call 780-442-5311 to reach a City of Edmonton 311 agent. Each telephone service provider has defined their own specific “city limits” which may vary from one provider to the next.

    Citizen Action Centre

    Citizen Action Centre staff have moved to 311.

    In-person service

    All locations previously offering in-person service are still open during regular business hours including:
    Planning and Development,
    (5th Floor, HSBC Bank Canada Building, 10250-101 street),
    City Hall, Main Floor City Hall, and
    Taxation, Main Floor City Hall.

    Online self-service

    Online program registration:
    Online ETS Transit Trip Planner:


  • #2
    This is the epitome of "Ask Ed" which is why I posted it in this section.

    *Perhaps a moderator would place this as a sticky.**


    • #3
      Originally posted by DebraW View Post
      This is the epitome of "Ask Ed" which is why I posted it in this section.

      *Perhaps a moderator would place this as a sticky.**
      Almost always open to debate...