Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alleged Russian interference in US politics (the Democrats) - starts with Clinton’s accusation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Russian interference in US politics (the Democrats) - starts with Clinton’s accusation

Hillary Clinton: Russia 'grooming' Democratic candidate - BBC News
    Excerpt:
    “Former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has said Russia is "grooming" a female Democrat in the 2020 White House race.

She said the Kremlin wanted the contender to run as a third-party candidate to divide liberal voters ...”

“"She's the favourite of the Russians," Mrs Clinton said, without naming her in the podcast that aired on Wednesday. "They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."

Ms Gabbard hit back accusing "queen of the warmongers"
    Mrs Clinton of orchestrating a campaign to "destroy my reputation"...”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50104958
    Warmongers is a word I don’t often see so as an aside, it’s interesting that the word “warmongers” just recently appeared on c2e. Only just yesterday afternoon in fact:

Trump - misc - Page 106

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
    Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
    Erdogan agrees on ceasefire. Pence/Trump. Yayyy
    The warmongers won't be happy.
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...p-misc/page106
    Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 18-10-2019, 09:21 PM.

No surprises here MrOilers often recycles whitehouse / russian misinformation
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

The broader media too. It’s sometimes fascinating to see how certain words, phrases, factual errors/omissions get spread by all media. It’s basically lazy unprofessional media people poaching and essentially just forwarding others’ pieces with just enough editing to be able to brand it as their own.

Warmonger just isn’t used all that much. It used to be used against the Republicans and George Bush. It’s interesting to learn that the Russians like to use it or the concept against the Americans. Also interesting to see the right wing fanatics try to use it against the the middle of the political spectrum.

Ron Paul even recently used it!

So it’s fun to spot it and other usually over-if-not-grossly-simplified concepts spreading like a virus through a population. Just plant it in certain carriers and it spreads like the plague.
      Last edited by KC; 19-10-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

This is really fascinating. You have seen how Republicans are criticized for not condemning Trump’s unsubstantiated comments. How many Democrats came out to condemn Hillary for this unsubstantiated accusations against 2 women, one Of whom is a democratic candidate?

Tulsi Gabbard is at the same time also an active duty Major in Hawaii Army National Guard, recently completing a tour of duty. If it is this obvious she is a Russian asset, why haven’t the enormous US national security apparatus already indicated her? If, on the other hand, she is not, what that makes Hillary.

By the way the logic is that if Russia shows more sympathy to one candidate over others is the basis of our judgment of that candidate, as being a Russian asset, can we use the same thing about President Obama? You know, compared to Mitt Romney, Russia was rooting for Obama in 2012 election: https://www.dw.com/en/russia-rooting...ion/a-16341745

Comment

Originally posted by Snail View Post
          This is really fascinating. You have seen how Republicans are criticized for not condemning Trump’s unsubstantiated comments. How many Democrats came out to condemn Hillary for this unsubstantiated accusations against 2 women, one Of whom is a democratic candidate?

Tulsi Gabbard is at the same time also an active duty Major in Hawaii Army National Guard, recently completing a tour of duty. If it is this obvious she is a Russian asset, why haven’t the enormous US national security apparatus already indicated her? If, on the other hand, she is not, what that makes Hillary.

By the way the logic is that if Russia shows more sympathy to one candidate over others is the basis of our judgment of that candidate, as being a Russian asset, can we use the same thing about President Obama? You know, compared to Mitt Romney, Russia was rooting for Obama in 2012 election: https://www.dw.com/en/russia-rooting...ion/a-16341745
          Yup. Primitive immature minds with their primitive tribalism.

Many politicians and ardent party supporters seem no more mentally capable than the young teenagers that join a some street gang or cult.

It’s just sad that they embrace their own indoctrination.

As an aside, you say “we”, not they, but use a foreign example. This may show the degree of political integration that has occurred within Canada. . Anyway you’re clearly differentiating between Canada and the US but you’ll see other posters comments that treat foreign/US elections and politics as if they were their own. Plus they readily import US ideological stances into Canada. (I too do this capitalistic and other ideas and concepts but try to be weary of doing it with political ideology. Eg the perpetually undefinable left vs right labelling.)
          Last edited by KC; 19-10-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

^ sorry not following what you try to say here. The use of we/our is my attempt to be inclusive in what I post here (you can see it in most my posts), to avoid us against them. Perhaps I would try a more neutral language next, something like: can one use the same logic...

Comment

I think Hillary’s problems are deeper than I thought:

https://twitter.com/easycure/status/...495616512?s=21

Comment

I think your obsession with HRC is deeper than you imagine

”So, she would have been 11-15. I guess the dispute is with the age range for “little girl.” About 6th grade through junior high. Early career exploration. Sorry. Gotta try harder if you want to discount someone’s experience based on that kind of nitpicking.”
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Democrats need to muzzle Hillary Clinton. She's not helping. But I think too many Democrats are convinced that it couldn't have been their own fault for losing to Trump in 2016. They still refuse to do a proper post-mortem on the 2016 election.

Comment

Working...
                  X