No announcement yet.

Trump - misc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAltReich uses quotes about liberals that are more than 50 YEARS OLD in one of the most disassociated examples of Soviet style whataboutism.

In MrAltReich's world view, those darn liberals are closet racists, especially Biden and his previous racist liberal boss, Barack Hussein Obama.

I get called out for making "monolithic" statements about the press but unjustly tarring and feathering liberals is perfectly acceptable in MrAltReich's post.

I don't see Biden having a security perimeter with a teargas, rubber bullet barrage and horse calvary to clear the way for a photo shoot. Trump is scared to even go to Minneapolis.

Taking the words and actions of MLK jr and Malcolm X out of context is reprehensible but standard fare for the Trump sycophants.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• "Kasie S. Hunt is an American political correspondent. She is an NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent, covering Congress across all NBC News and MSNBC platforms. "

​​​​​​Kasi Hunt asks GOP Senators for a comment on what happened last night in DC. Their answers are illuminating.

​​​​​​Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on the president’s photo op at St. John’s last night: “Didn’t really see it.”

Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan. “I don’t have any comment on that.”

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah. “I didn’t watch it closely enough to know.”

Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska: Walks by with no response.

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont.: “I was grateful for the president’s leadership.”

Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La.: “I didn’t follow, I’m sorry.”

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, when asked if what we saw at the White House last night was an abuse of power: “By the protestors, yes.”

I asked Sen. McConnell if President Trump’s leadership was right for this moment. “I’m not going to critique other people’s performances,” he said.

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1267863275548663808

Comment

• "Hard to imagine any other @POTUS having the guts to walk out of the White House like this"

- Former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker

What you didn't see in the photo Scott Walker posted.

Comment

• ^^

by my count i “called out” MrOilers twice in detail before you whined about being called out for something quite different and admittedly relatively inconsequential in comparison if no less real. no one here - except your bruised ego - made any equivalency whatsoever to the two exchanges and their topics.
          Last edited by kcantor; 02-06-2020, 04:34 PM.
          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• and for those who think this is “an american problem”, you are unfortunately part of the problem in canada:

Comment

• I Cannot Remain Silent
              Our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so.

Mike Mullen
              Seventeenth chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

​​​​​​It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.

​​​​​​Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

There was little good in the stunt.

While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage.

As a white man, I cannot claim perfect understanding of the fear and anger that African Americans feel today. But as someone who has been around for a while, I know enough—and I’ve seen enough—to understand that those feelings are real and that they are all too painfully founded.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...spaces/612553/

Comment

• Trump is aiming at the wrong target. Who's surprised?

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence
                Trump wants to designate antifa a terrorist organization, despite lack of authority and evidence of wrongdoing.

​​​​​​The FBI’s Washington Field Office “has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence” in the violence that occurred on May 31 during the D.C.-area protests over the murder of George Floyd, according to an internal FBI situation report obtained exclusively by The Nation. That same day, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that he would designate “Antifa” a terrorist organization, even though the government has no existing authority to declare a domestic group a terrorist organization, and antifa is not an organized group. Following the president’s tweet, Attorney General William Barr said in a statement, “The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

The FBI report, however, states that “based on CHS [Confidential Human Source] canvassing, open source/social media partner engagement, and liaison, FBI WFO has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence.” The statement followed a list of violent acts like throwing bricks at police and the discovery of a backpack containing explosive materials, which were flagged by the FBI under a “Key Updates” section of the report. The FBI has been issuing such reports daily since the weekend, according to a Bureau source, who added that none of these documents contained any evidence of Antifa violence.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ac...ifa-trump-fbi/

Comment

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post
                  and for those who think this is “an american problem”, you are unfortunately part of the problem in canada:
                  I pay no worry to that. White liberals see racism in literally everything under the sun.

Judging people based on their individual merits is more constructive to society than singling out specific groups of people in some kind of "oppression" contest (which leftists are obsessed with).

(P.S. me and my family are not white)
                  Last edited by MrOilers; 02-06-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• You constantly try to minimize racism and mock liberals and promote Trumpism.

In do doing, you have failed to acknowledge and condemn racism and the torture and murder of George Floyd.

I am a conservative and an evangelical Christian but am soundly against every tenant of Trumpism and the immoral, unethical and criminal acts of Donald Trump and his administration.

Your sustained efforts to minimize and mock liberals regarding racism clearly demonstrate that you have no empathy for people all over the world who have been oppressed, kept in poverty, incarcerated and murdered on mass throughout history and racism continues today in Edmonton, across Canada, in the US and everywhere. Trump stokes racism and does not believe in human rights. Heck he cannot even say the words 'human rights ' and uses his power, wealth and privilege to support and institutionalize systemic racism.

You won't call out Trump for any of his immoral actions or call out racism.

I dare you to take a stand.
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post

I pay no worry to that. White liberals see racism in literally everything under the sun.

Judging people based on their individual merits is more constructive to society than singling out specific groups of people in some kind of "oppression" contest (which leftists are obsessed with).

(P.S. me and my family are not white)
                      sooo... we should somehow believe - despite all of the irrefutable evidence to the contrary - that canada is not institutionally racist because you say it isn’t.

we should somehow believe your fabrication that it’s only “white liberals” who see racism in everything under the sun, that they somehow see racism where there is none. i don’t believe you because it’s a lie. all of the statistics prove it a lie.

my own anecdotal experience also indicates it to be a lie and virtually every non-white person i know has experienced it. even if they have overcome it, even if they have succeeded in spite of it, it has still stolen a part of their life and left scars in its wake.

you think that overly dramatic hyperbole? i have news for you. that’s exactly what king and malcolm x were saying in those links you provided.

i have some other news for you as well. you don’t need to be white to be racist.
                      Last edited by kcantor; 02-06-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

i have some other news for you as well. you don’t need to be white to be racist.
                        That is a fact that MrAltFacts clearly is in denial.

The Japanese government in WW2 believed that the Chinese were ethnically inferior and did unbelievable genocides against them including the Rape of Nanking and disgusting medical experiments because they did not see them even as human. They also believed that they were ethnically superior to the British, the Koreans, the Americans and everyone else.

The Chinese government themselves are currently attacking their ethnic minorities and untold numbers are subjugated to slave camps.

I recently watched the documentary movie 'Shake Hands with the Devil" about Canadian Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire and his experience in the ill-fated UN peacekeeping force for Rwanda between 1993 and 1994, and attempted to stop the genocide that was being waged by Hutu extremists against the Tutsi people where a million people were slaughtered.

The Soviets had their own genocides against the Ukrainians. The Holodomor resulted in more than 3 million people starving to death and Soviet government oppression of occupied countries included mass rapes, gulags and genocide. Today, the Russian government engages in historical negationism and refers to the war crimes as a "Western myth". Russian history textbooks, the atrocities are either altered to portray the Soviets positively or omitted entirely.

Armenian Genocide

In Canada, the US, South and Central America and Australia, to name a few, the indigenous people were massacred, deliberately infected with Small Pox and other diseases, relocated, enslaved and forcibly reeducated and continue to be marginalized and institutionally discriminated.

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

Nearly every identifiable group in history has at one time or another enslaved or subjugated another group.

The reason "liberals" see racism everywhere is the fact that RACISM IS EVERYWHERE. Not only liberals see this but also any person that is educated in history, has empathy for others, seeks justice and who wants to make mankind, kinder and more peaceful.
                        Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 03-06-2020, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Trump went to the Church on Monday, illegitimately using his power, to crush protestors and dissent and used The Bible as a weapon of a Holy War to dominate people.

This is antithetical to the Great Commandment of jesus Christ. Trump's actions prove that he has not read the Bible, does not understand any of it's teachings and is not a Christian, no matter what he says. There are some people who claim to be Christian but they believe in guns, power, wealth and oppression of people and use The Bible as their weapon of choice in 'Might makes Right'. Trump does not love thy neighbor and so he does not love God because he does not honor God's greatest commandment.

For those interested in scripture;
                          In the Gospel of Luke chapter 10, the parable is introduced by a question, known as the Great Commandment:

Behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested him, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

He said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read it?"

He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself."

He said to him, "You have answered correctly. Do this, and you will live."

But he, desiring to justify himself, asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?"

— Luke 10:25–29, World English Bible
                          Jesus replies with a story:

Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.' Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?"

He said, "He who showed mercy on him."

Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

— Luke 10:30–37, World English Bible

Abridged

"Thou shalt love thy Lord and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Comment

• Police brutality in Canada

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/993ad...2/?jwsource=cl

June 2 2020
                            Investigation launched after video allegedly shows Nunavut RCMP officer ramming vehicle into man
                            RCMP in Nunavut say they’re investigating after a video circulated on social media, showing a police officer ramming a vehicle into a man. RCMP said that a video of the arrest was captured “by a member of the community” and an RCMP commanding officer “became aware” of it after it was posted to social media. One of the Kinngait RCMP officers involved in the arrest has been removed from the community and placed on administrative duties in the meantime, the RCMP confirmed in a statement on Tuesday.
                            https://globalnews.ca/video/7018519/...hicle-into-man

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                              You constantly try to minimize racism and mock liberals and promote Trumpism.
                              We are living in the most tolerant and least "racist" time in human history.

Liberals (like you) are still trying to set society back by continuing to categorize people into racial groups and hold certain ones accountable for the crimes of indivuduals they have no control over. There is nothing more racist than that.

Comment

Racist

Comment

Working...
                                X