Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Originally posted by champking View Post
    Donald Trump says Mexico will pay for border wall after meeting with President Peña Nieto
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7829266.html
    Trump says a lot of things, many of which are not true. I don't believe Mexico has ever agreed to pay for it, perhaps you missed that important point.

Repetition over and over does not make something that is not the case suddenly become true.
    Yep.

Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs Luis Videgaray Caso said that the meeting went "very well" and was "productive," according to remarks distributed by Mexican government's international press office. The conversation mainly focused on NAFTA, and Videgaray said that negotiations will start on Aug. 16 and he expects that the three countries involved will agree upon "a meaningful, constructive modernization of the agreement" that benefits all of them.
    "The issue of the wall was not discussed, was not part of the conversation," Videgaray said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.349b800663bd
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
      Head of ethics committee resigns:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/office-government-ethics-director-announces-resignation-n780181

In working with the current administration, it has become clear to me that we need improvements to the existing ethics program
      He took the ethical way out to distance himself from the current White House administration.

Key statement

“committed to protecting the principle that public service is a public trust, requiring employees to place loyalty to the constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above private gains”
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/office-government-ethics-director-announces-resignation-n780181

In working with the current administration, it has become clear to me that we need improvements to the existing ethics program
        Good. Another Obama appointee gone. OUT! OUT! OUT!

Comment

^That's what you get from that? Sad.

Interesting that Tillerson (ex-CEO of Exxon) is the only other American in the room for Trumps meeting with Putin, considering how much Exxon has to gain if Trump drops sanctions of Russia.

Comment

It's not sad

It is the Alt-Right mantra

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I'm fond of this one:

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post

Good. Another Obama appointee gone. OUT! OUT! OUT!
                Yup! Probably for the best, he likely knows where he skeletons are hidden LOL
                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Oh my, Putin is wearing a Trump tie!!!!

Haha!

Comment

Haha!

Probably Donald gave it as a gift to his friend. Donald got Putin a tie, Putin got Donald an election. If I was Putin, I would expect something more. He probably had the KGB check it for bugs already.

Comment

^ I'm sure Trump will be so flattered he'll give Putin whatever he wants. He has a history of being easily influenced by those he talks to, and I'm sure this will be a fantastic talking point to soften him up even more.

Comment

^ I'm sure Trump will be so flattered he'll give Putin whatever he wants. He has a history of being easily influenced by those he talks to, and I'm sure this will be a fantastic talking point to soften him up even more.
                        I am sure Putin is smart enough to understand negotiating - give a little, get a lot. Another temporary cease fire in Syria may allow Trump to claim some sort of victory.

The cease fire will probably last as long those jobs Trump saved. Of course the media may be distracted by something else later, so they may not notice if it does not last.

I expect what Putin really wants to get is the sanctions against Russia lifted, I think he wants that more that a tie, but Trump is going to have trouble convincing Congress to go along with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Haha!

Probably Donald gave it as a gift to his friend. Donald got Putin a tie, Putin got Donald an election. If I was Putin, I would expect something more. He probably had the KGB check it for bugs already.

You just can't buy that type of product placement!

...wait a second, maybe you can!

Comment

^Is there a Trump signature boxer short or condom?

"Objects appear Yuger than they actually are".
                            Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

PRT, your chart shows known or possible links between Team Trump and the Russians.
                              This is amazing analysis, but I'm confused, is this all of the possible links??
                              Does this mean there are no other possible links? How can this be possible?
                              Or could this really be just more meaningless drivel?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph60 View Post
                                PRT, your chart shows known or possible links between Team Trump and the Russians.
                                I never knew that people who have careers in multinational business and politics sometimes talk to people in other countries (like Russia)!

Comment

Working...
                                X