Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Including children.

Comment

• I was watching 'The Sound of Music' last night.

You know the final scene where the von Trapp family is escaping a violent regime by crossing the border into Switzerland.

In Trump's world view, he would build a border wall 12 feet high to prevent this caravan of illegal aliens from bringing their crime, drugs and rapists into his country. The von Trapp's should return to their own country and don't even consider chain migration...
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
        I was watching 'The Sound of Music' last night.

You know the final scene where the von Trapp family is escaping a violent regime by crossing the border into Switzerland.

In Trump's world view, he would build a border wall 12 feet high to prevent this caravan of illegal aliens from bringing their crime, drugs and rapists into his country. The von Trapp's should return to their own country and don't even consider chain migration...
        I hate to disagree with you, but I think Trump wouldn't mind the von Trapp's so much. They are white enough for him, although he would probably prefer if they pretended they were not sort of Germanic, but coming from Scandinavia, like his family did.

Comment

• Trump's family came from Germany and Scotland. Where do you get Scandinavia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Donald_Trump

Comment

• From Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian

Comment

• Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
              Trump's family came from Germany and Scotland. Where do you get Scandinavia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Donald_Trump

I think this explains it

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/d...-a-lie-2016-8/

Comment

• The whole Trump family is a lie

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Deleted
                  Last edited by KC; 19-12-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Trump's failure to sign the government funding bill over his demands for his wall funding, makes the US less safe than if he signs it.

The first effect of the Trump shutdown is that border security agents will be forced to work without pay, over Christmas and into the new year.

Explained: What does a partial shutdown of the U.S. government mean?
                    https://globalnews.ca/news/4783611/u...own-explained/
                    According to a report by Democrats on the Senate Appropriations Committee, more than 420,000 federal employees deemed essential would continue to work without pay during a partial shutdown, including about 41,000 law enforcement and corrections officers and nearly 150,000 Homeland Security employees. Those working without pay — three days before Christmas — would include about 53,000 TSA workers, 54,000 Customs and Border Protection agents and officers and 42,000 Coast Guard employees.
                    Funny Fact:
                    The Republicans control both Houses and the Presidency but failed to keep the government funded.
                    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-12-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• They work for pay. They just get their cheque later. Who gets paid each day for the work they did that day anyway? It’s usually every two weeks that you receive the pay. So in a way it is a false statement.
                      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Tell that to your mortgage company and your credit card company. These people may not get paid for weeks or months.

Most people cannot afford missing a single paycheque, let alone several.

Trump is the Grinch who stole Christmas

Trump promises shutdown would last 'a very long time' if Senate rejects bill
                        https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...down-1.4955559

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-12-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• If their payday falls during the shutdown period, there's nobody working to cut the cheques, neither paper nor direct deposit.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                            If their payday falls during the shutdown period, there's nobody working to cut the cheques, neither paper nor direct deposit.
                            https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ment-shutdown/

Employees that are sent home from work, are typically paid for those days once the 'shut down' is over. Not a bad deal !

Comment

• My understanding is that a lot of the people that worked for Trump in the past, never ever got paid. Moreover government employees have a well earned reputation for brown bagging their lunches* so missing a few paycheques shouldn’t be a big deal for most of them.

*When there was talk of spreading employees around downtown Edmonton, I recall hearing pushback from the private sector restaurant owners that they’d lose business if cost conscious government employees moved in near them.

Comment

• If this all leads to a wall it will be worth it. I used to laugh at the idea but watching the news and border patrol shows I can see it would be nice to have a controlled border. Don’t worry it will still have all the access for legal crossings. Just my opinion.
                                Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Working...
                                X