X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
    Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
    But apologists (like you and others in this thread) blindly trust and defend everything they write because they happen to admire/love/trust Donald Trump as much as the staff of the Fox News does.

Try to be objective for a second and you'll see that Fox News is to Rupert Murdoch what the Rebel Media is to Ezra Levant.
    Fixed that for you. You had the wrong billionaire, news organization & position on Trump in your original.
    If you think I defend Murdoch or Fox news in any way, you are not paying attention.

(I did notice that you cannot defend the Billionaire owner of Washington Post and how he uses his media outlet to preach his political advocacy)

Comment

• Here is some more top-notch commentary from the Washington Post yesterday:

The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased. The movement has been seized by a kind of discrediting madness, in which conspiracy delusions figure prominently. Institutions and individuals that once served an important ideological role, providing a balance to media bias, are discrediting themselves in crucial ways.
      http://archive.is/9zkcY

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
        (I did notice that you cannot defend the Billionaire owner of Washington Post and how he uses his media outlet to preach his political advocacy)
        I chose not to respond to your unfounded & baseless claims of bias, because why bother? You're parroting Hannity, Alex Jones & other Trump-supporting individuals with a tenuous grasp on reality. There's absolutely nothing I can say or do to change your mind, so I figured I'd let you wallow in your own crapulence.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
          As journalists get physically attacked by Republican multimillionaire candidate

Republican Greg Gianforte apologizes to reporter after winning Montana race
          The Republican multimillionaire was charged Thursday after allegedly body-slamming Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs after he had asked a question.
          https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...onal-seat.html
          BOZEMAN, MONT.—A Montana Republican businessman won the state’s U.S. House seat after being charged with assaulting a reporter on the eve of the election, a victory that may temper Democrats’ hopes for a massive anti-Trump wave next year.

Greg Gianforte apologized late Thursday for attacking a reporter who had asked about the GOP health care bill.
          “Last night, I made a mistake. I took an action I can’t take back and I am not proud of what happened,” he said.

Gianforte must appear in court by June 7 on the misdemeanour charge, which carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $500 fine.
          The things that reporters have to deal with just to report the news to the public. In Russia, reporters end up dead.

The reporter should consider himself lucky, this time...

Change the word "reporter" to "politician" in some of the statements and actions and see how some of the same politicians who spout off about reporters would react to that then. Oh right some of them already probably have body guards with guns, they would probably just hire more, after all its paid for by public money not theirs.

At least the guy in Montana apologized for his bad behavior, which is better than some. Of course he has a court date coming up quite soon and I suspect he realizes some remorse might be a very good idea if he wants the judge to go easier on him.

He was lucky the incident happened so close to the election as a lot of absentee ballots had already been cast before this. If it happened a few days earlier it might have cost him the election.

Even if the judge doesn't require it, he might want to consider an anger management program - it appears he has some issues he needs to work on.

Comment

Here is some more top-notch commentary from the Washington Post yesterday:

The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased. The movement has been seized by a kind of discrediting madness, in which conspiracy delusions figure prominently. Institutions and individuals that once served an important ideological role, providing a balance to media bias, are discrediting themselves in crucial ways.
            And another one here:

Trump got Egypt to free an American prisoner. Here’s her story. - The Washington Post

Excerpt:
            "Yet inside prison, her captors were puzzled: Why, they asked, did the U.S. government do nothing to help her? For more than two years, the State Department offered no public protest or even expression of concern about her case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e545c46dd82c
            Now about that "discrediting madness"...
            Last edited by KC; 26-05-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
              I chose not to respond to your unfounded & baseless claims of bias, because why bother?
              Ah, I see. You chose to ignore reality.

That's OK - I have faith that one day you will recognize that right-wingers aren't the only people who can be dishonest and have self-serving agendas. You might have a hard time accepting it, but the people on the left are every bit as guilty.

Comment

Ah, I see. You chose to ignore reality.
                Ignoring your unsupported & unsubstantiated claims isn't ignoring reality. It's simply disregarding the ramblings of an angry, confused, sad, regressive, illiberal individual whose quite clearly out of touch & step with the modern world. You've got less than no credibility with me, ignoring you would be a step up at this point. Instead I pay attention to the nonsense you spew & laugh.
                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Once again, another example of a person on the left of the political spectrum who cannot converse with people they disagree with without resorting to childish insults. I am disappointed in you, noodle. I thought you were different.

Comment

• coming from you, that is laughable and sadly hypocritical...
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Once again, another example of a person on the left of the political spectrum who cannot converse with people they disagree with without resorting to childish insults. I am disappointed in you, noodle. I thought you were different.
                      You're pretty much exactly who've I've always thought you to be. As constant as the northern star, but nowhere near as bright.

Comment

• snicker...

more than just a candy bar but an emotional experience
                        Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Golly gee, why would they say that? I wonder what conspiracy theorists they are thinking of, could it be birther Trump or everything is a conspiracy Bannon? Those are the two that come first to mind for me, but I gather the White House now is also chock full of a number of lesser knowns who think along the same lines.

Comment

• Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Golly gee, why would they say that?

I don't know, but what this Washington Post writer says about Conservative beliefs plagiarizes what German propaganda said about Jews and the Talmud leading up to starting WWII:

It seems to us more the miscarriage of a hysteric and diseased mind in the last stages of mental illness than a book of faith and customs, especially when we are told that that it reveals the nature of “fellow human beings” living in our midst “in a sharp and accurate way.”

From Aufklärungs- und Redner-Informationsmaterial der Reichspropagandaleitung der NSDAP., Lieferung 21 (September 1935)
                              http://research.calvin.edu/german-pr...chive/rim3.htm

Anyone who thinks the Washington Post isn't being used as a propaganda rag at this point really is fooling themselves.

Comment

• Oh yes, Conservatives these days are JUST like the Jews. How could we have been so blind?

I'd better get started on my Conservative Concentration Camp. I'm WAY behind schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X