This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Donald Trump What Now

We live in interesting times............
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Well he does not seem as orange while making his first presidential speech. Maybe he has ditched the canned tanned.
    He's saying their infrastructure will be second to none, they will get along with other nations, U S A will treat everyone fairly. Sounds bigly and bullchitty at the same time.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

I would like to start off with the Supreme Court. A lot will depend on whether his Supreme Court appointments are in the mould of Scalia who was a strict constitutionalist. Affirmitive action could likely be gone, Roe vs Wade overturned, etc. On the other hand even conservative judges don't always behave according to conservative wishes such as the case of Judge Roberts who basically shifted the court in favor of Obamacare.

Ultimately, one hopes that he Supreme court acts in with some degree of compassion and a sense of justice as it is impossible for the Constitution to cover every possible issue.
      Last edited by norwoodguy; 09-11-2016, 12:04 AM.
      Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        He's saying their infrastructure will be second to none, they will get along with other nations, U S A will treat everyone fairly. Sounds bigly and bullchitty at the same time.
        Infrastructure could be a big long term employer if manufacturing does not return as expected. Hopefully he and his staff already have ideas on where projects can be fast tracked. Certainly there are a lot of bridges to repair. Could this be his pragmatic side showing?

Comment

Well this sounds promising, a conciliatory tone:

“I just received a call from Secretary Clinton. She congratulated us, it’s about us, on our victory, and I congratulated her and her family on a very, very hard fought campaign. She fought it very well. Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude to our country.”
          The Guardian

Comment

Boy is he setting his believers up for a major sugar crash.
            I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

I have no idea how this affects either the U.S. or Canada or Edmonton specifically.

Probably more important that the Republicans control both the House and the Senate, and sortof are affiliated with Rob Ford Donald Trump.

How's his health?
              Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Putin just licked his lips a little.
                Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

The good news is Keystone XL is now live. Bad news for Notley who used to speak against Keystone.

Terrible news for Trudeau and his carbon taxes. Whereas we used to have someone in the white house who pretended climate change mattered but didn't do anything meaningful about it, we now have someone who correctly recognizes it doesn't matter. Curious what happens to the Parris accord now, great news for the US if other countries are stupid enough to implement it, while they continue to use carbon to keep their costs lower / win jobs. Trump repeatedly spoke even in favor of the coal industry. I expect most countries will do, what they did, with Kyoto, nothing - talk about climate change but not implement changes. If Trudeau does otherwise, he will now set us up for competitive economic failure and poverty.
                  Last edited by moahunter; 09-11-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

I had 12 American refugees seeking asylum, show up at my house last night.

I expect more today...
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

The Brexit/Storming of the Bastille event. Hopefully Trump will come to the center, and indications are that he is. No calls to throw Hillary in jail do far...

Maybe he can actually change the government for the better with his huge mandate.

I doubt it but then everyone doubted that he could win the GOP nomination.
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

^people are tired of academic elites who know nothing about the real world outside their ivory towers, living off their tax dollars and telling them how to live. If you break laws, if you sneak into countries, you don't deserve to live happily ever after in that country. This is great news for us in Alberta, with Keystone XL, and hopefully Trans Mountain, there will be excess pipeline capacity - old sands projects can become viable again as soon as Notleys crew is thrown out of office.

Comment

Amen
                          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Maybe if Rach gets out her makeup kit and talks nice Trump will take a liking to her. He loves the ladies. lol
                            Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

The media has had a crazy effect on some people. Some people are saying that he is just going to start rounding up minorities, very sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X