This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The post "Ask Reg" thread

Now that the formal "Ask Reg" is over - hopefully there are like that - there never was an opportunity to really discuss the responses, except for those specific issues that already have existing threads.

So I thought I would start that for that purpose.

So first I would like to thank Reg for his participation, actually I suspect we have more people than Reg to thank by looking at the responses, as even though I would expect a CEO to know what is going some of the responses are more detailed than what would be expected of a CEO.

Having said that, some of the responses did not necessarily answer the questions but were just responses. For example, in my question even though it was indirectly answered the actual facts did not appear in terms of numbers, has it changed over time, and how does Calgary figure into the equation do they have more activity or not?

And this question was totally ignored "How much is the economic impact from consolidation by people from Edmonton and the north not having to connect through Calgary (let alone the environmental benefits)?"

Now they may not have the information at their finger tips but at least say "thanks for that question we will look into getting the information or we do not have that information and do not intend on getting it."

That is just thoughts on the response to my questions, I know there are other questions that were not fully answered but I will let others deal with those.

Comment

First of all, thanks kona for this. I moved it here as we were going to start this on Monday anyway once people had a chance to digest the responses.

EA has also expressed a desire for feedback from this effort. I know from phone conversations that the entire team was excited over this exercise, and are looking for what you all thought as well.

The one request I would make is that we keep the feedback factual and concise. This is a learning experience for all.

Thanks

RichardS.
      President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Just so you know,

I will keep this thread open for a week. Please feel free to give your feedback on the Ask Reg forum, the answers, the organization of the questions/answers, and any other general feedback .

EA put significant effort into this exercise - even having a specific daily timeframe/meeting to review the questions and respond. Others that will be doing this exercise will be doing the same as this is a public forum and these answers are truly representative of the individual or organization's official viewpoint.

I ask this because it is a two way street. As much as we learn about the individual/organization, they too learn about their perception in the community, the opinions on their stance, and any key opportunities they may have overlooked.

We want to keep bringing you these forums, and I personally believe that this exercise is extremely worthwhile and unique in North America. However, this only works if all parties see value.

Thanks!

Comment

I think the volume of questions and answers shows the overwhelming success of this idea... I have nothing much more to add then to say keep it coming.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

...and just to show you how seriously they took this...

http://www.flyeia.com/whats_new/90

So, the more feedback we get on this one, the better.

Comment

Very cool. I suppose the entire "Ask Reg" thread is beneficial not only to us C2E users, but also to the EIA and EAA as well.

Comment

The only thing I wonder about is media attention. I'd have thought that Mandel's "Ask" session would have at least garnered a news item in the Journal or SUN.
                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Hey SDM!

My apologies for the late reply. That whole real job thingy...

Anyway,

The media release for Ask the Mayor was a bit of a misfire. No blame, just first time "who does the press release" jitters. Again, no blame. We did get traction on CHED, and the folks at the 2 dailies did send the release out to their contacts...and they were watching.

With Ask Reg, we had the permission to do this right from the get go. We expect the same from the next ones we have firmed up. C2E will do the press release after review from the party(ies) involved.

One also has to temper this with the reality that as we grow, we could be seen as story competition with the dailies. It is a fine line of co-operation that we tread here...and one Ask forum - depending on their final editorial approval - will involve one major news organization actually being a participant. That would be wonderful IMO and showcase how different verticals can live together.

Anyway, point taken.

Comment

Working...
                  X