• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Patrick - Monday Question Thread.

Reserved for Monday's questions.
    Ow

Hi Mr LaForge,

Thanks for participating in the Ask Forum on C2E.

My question for today is: What type of timelines can we expect with the new Arena? When might we find out more information on details and design of the arena. What is the goal to have the new facility open by?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for participating.

1. What are the chances of the Heritage Classic coming back to Alberta, either Edmonton or Calgary, that features the Battle of Alberta this time? Watching a game between Flames alumni and Oilers alumni would be fun!

2. What can the Oilers do further to repair its perceived lowly image throughout the league? The Heatley debacle seemed to reinforce that quite strongly.

3. May I suggest a funding idea for the new arena that I have floated here before? Have various large companies contribute to its cost in exchange for naming rights for a period of time (say, 2 or 3 years), permanent luxury boxes and other benefits.

4. What would you forsee happening with Rexall Place once a new arena is completed?
      Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 19-10-2009, 09:08 AM.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Note to all.

This thread will close at 15:30h today to accommodate Mr. LaForge's game day schedule.

I will open the Tuesday thread immediately thereafter.
        Ow

Comment

Good Afternoon sir.

Thank you for taking the time to participate.

My question leans towards your time at the Chamber of Commerce. What is the biggest impediment or issue facing Edmonton's business success? I would love to hear your thoughts, outside of any global slowdown.
          happy to be the grumpy old bugger waking up the booster club!

Comment

Mr. LaForge,

1. You have stated that this arena complex will be 'iconic'. Can you further elaborate on this? Would the arena itself be iconic? Will the rumoured attached hotel/convention centre/condos also be designed in a style that matches with the arena?

2. We heard several weeks ago that there is no architect chosen. Do you have one chosen yet, and if so, are you able to tell us which firm? If not, do you have a shortlist you could share with us?

3. Will you assemble separate developers for the secondary parts of the arena project, (hotel, housing, retail, etc) or will the whole project be developed by rexall?

Comment

Greetings Patrick,

In this current economic situation, how do you convince the average Joe and Jane taxpayer that Edmonton needs a new arena? Even with minimal government funding, do you think building a new rink is a tough sell to the citizens of Edmonton?

Also, a Quebec City group is serious about building an NHL quality sporting complex. They've had meetings with Gary Bettman last week plus the support of provincial and federal politicians.

Does the Quebec City situation change the timetable or strategy for the Edmonton arena committee in regards to building a new downtown rink?

Thanks for your time and Go Oilers!

Comment

Monday's thread is now closed. Please post your questions in Tuesday's thread.
                Ow

Comment

Working...
                X