Clear All

• Arena conceptual drawings

For your review.

President and CEO - Airshow.

Brilliant imo
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Hey is that Diana Krall in the bottom right corner of the first picture ?
      Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Actually I like the tower in the concept
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Modify the top slightly so it doesn't look exactly like a bicycle seat and I'm happy. I think the tower is unique and like it as well. It reminds me of those those wind powered spinning towers in dubai.
          Wouldn't that be something if we got one of those!!! That would really be iconic. Whatever the final design is, I hope it's as distinctive as say the birds nest in Beijing , that stadium is just plain amazing imo.

http://oursurprisingworld.com/wp-con...r_dubai_01.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by AlanW9 View Post
            Modify the top slightly so it doesn't look exactly like a bicycle seat and I'm happy....
            They could name it the Bicycle-Saddledome?
            Last edited by andy8244; 08-05-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Cheesy and looks like something ripped off from Total Recall. The only useful element is the brick facade in the second picture and the rest is just lame.

Concept designs are generally meant to assist selling the actual cad drawings.
              For me, that's not enough since usually what you see in the pictures is 99% of the time not as it turns out. All I see is this stupid arena and it overtakes everything.

What in the world is the point of an ultrawide assembly hall when we already know Churchill is a collosal waste of space?

The waterpark called. They want their umbrellas back.

Comment

Originally posted by andy8244 View Post
                Originally posted by AlanW9 View Post
                Modify the top slightly so it doesn't look exactly like a bicycle seat and I'm happy....
                They could name it the Bicycle-Saddledome?
                Haha. We should built a larger and fancier saddledome just to **** Calgary off, LOL! In all seriousness though I'm sure the final design will be quite a bit different than this so I will wait for the next concept design, and the next....

Comment

Originally posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
                  Actually I like the tower in the concept
                  i like the idea that apparently Katz wants to build the tallest of the towers 60 stories! good luck! i have the feeling the city will dumb it down to 40 stories. too bad! but the roof of the arena should be changed, looks quite odd to say the least.
                  Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

I think it would be great to have a 60-storey building in Edmonton, and this one would not add a significant amount to the office space market in Edmonton. For many years, Edmonton's downtown has had the same look, and something like this would have a huge impact on the skyline. Many buildings have been limited in height because of the City Centre Airport, and the closure of the airport would mean that this could go ahead as part of the EAD. Also, a building like this could be a catalyst for other construction in Edmonton.
                    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

^^^^true, but the city has only shut down one strip at the airport, right? typical of the city to make a half-a$$ed decision so as to not offend either the pro airport people or the no airport people. can't PO half of the voters now can we? we should be building them higher. might not have to build so many of them if we could go higher.

Comment

So we can now assume that the Oilers are in favor of Muni shutdown to accommodate their downtown arena concept? When Cal Nichols jumped onboard the pro-Muni camp, people assumed he was secretly batting for the hockey club.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

OilTastic/BCD, the whole airport would have to be shut down to accommodate the 60-storey tower. The arena is within the 2 km (or whatever designated) radius of the airport.
                          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                            OilTastic/BCD, the whole airport would have to be shut down to accommodate the 60-storey tower. The arena is within the 2 km (or whatever designated) radius of the airport.
                            ya, that's true! that's why i wish the city had the [email protected] to do it, and not just half of it. despite what old Cal might want, i'm in favour of it closing completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                              So we can now assume that the Oilers are in favor of Muni shutdown to accommodate their downtown arena concept? When Cal Nichols jumped onboard the pro-Muni camp, people assumed he was secretly batting for the hockey club.
                              Cal's made it quite clear he's pro-Muni, and i didn't think for one minute he was speaking on behalf of the Oilers, he's speaking on behalf of his own opinion. it must have worked with city counsel and the mayor because he succeded in keeping one of the runways open....for now at least. i think eventually it will be closed completely. to me it's a waste of space to be building many shorter highrises when taller ones might keep us from needing to build so many.

Comment

Working...
                              X