Time for a domain name change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a domain name change?

Connect2Edmonton seems more like Connect2UsPolitics these days. We have 5 separate, current threads on Trump now and they receive far more posts than any other topic on this site, outside of the downtown for dogs thread(s) that is.

I think its time to change the domain to reflect our new reality.

connect2trump.com
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

^or do what I suggested some time ago, have one trump thread.

Comment

Ahh yes that strategy worked so well for you on the omar thread that you felt the need to open a second veiled omar thread...

oh Mike. You funny.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Regardless of how consistent moahunter has been in applying his own suggestion, I think it's a good one. There's little reason to have multiple threads about Trump.

I actually wish there wasn't so much discussion about the guy on a forum supposedly dedicated to Edmonton, but that's life. He's been sucking up the oxygen on numerous other message boards that I know of, as well.
        Last edited by overoceans; 25-07-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Why complain that there is a US Politics section? It is but one section on this forum, and there are dozens of Edmonton-related sections.

I mean, what's the problem?

Comment

It fills up the front page, and it fills up the new posts page.

this is Edmonton. Not Washington. We are in Canada, not the USA. There's about a gazillion forums out there to discuss US Politics.

Comment

This is why an "Ignore this Thread" function would be very handy.
              I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Lefties hate when they can't control the message ...they losing the info war, exposed for the fakes they are.

Did you know this forum was created as a propoganada machine for the Scamdel left ? Taxpayers money !

Comment

It's easier for longtime users to just delete the bookmark and let the alt-right anti-intellectuals have their hijacked mudpit to themselves. I can get informed, meaningful dialogue from the entire political spectrum pretty much anywhere, this site is rapidly devolving to the lowest common denominator in some ill-fated attempt at being fair and equitable to its users... those that bother to stay, anyway.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post

this is Edmonton. Not Washington. We are in Canada, not the USA. There's about a gazillion forums out there to discuss US Politics.
                    Well, my thread on Trump a couple years ago (maybe the first such thread) was about how he'd impact Edmonton... that thread got closed. The other threads however are far more entertaining. It is really too bad that every new post on the same topic squeezes out other 'informative' posts. Bad money drives out good.

Myself, I've always been amazed at the length of the smartphone wars thread. The joy of splitting hairs.
                    Last edited by KC; 25-07-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post

But ours is made in Edmonton.

I think it's fascinating to see how people think and adopt sides, show frustration etc. (Excluding myself of course.)

Comment

I wish all the trump thread were under one heading( forum)..just an idea.
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                          It's easier for longtime users to just delete the bookmark and let the alt-right anti-intellectuals have their hijacked mudpit to themselves. I can get informed, meaningful dialogue from the entire political spectrum pretty much anywhere, this site is rapidly devolving to the lowest common denominator in some ill-fated attempt at being fair and equitable to its users... those that bother to stay, anyway.
                          Basically this, and a lack of new members. It's the same dozen or two people arguing the same things over and over. But, that's nothing unique to this board. I've seen it happen with others in totally different subjects. If a board doesn't hit a certain critical mass of users, it will tend to stagnate after too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                            Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                            Basically this, and a lack of new members. It's the same dozen or two people arguing the same things over and over. But, that's nothing unique to this board. I've seen it happen with others in totally different subjects. If a board doesn't hit a certain critical mass of users, it will tend to stagnate after too long.
                            From what I've seen, membership on most message-boards peaked around ten years ago, with a steady decline since then. Likely this corresponds with the rise of social media.

I still prefer this format, since I find it easier to follow than most comments sections or social-media set-ups. I tried reading one of those threads on reddit earlier today, and it's almost impossible to tell where one subthread ends and another begins. (Interesting discussion, though)

Comment

Originally posted by champking View Post
                              Lefties hate when they can't control the message
                              Yup. When they can't bully people into being quiet, they silence opposing views through censorship or misdirection (much like the intent behind this thread). It's so disgusting. Truth always comes out the other end, but you need to let everyone talk it through, otherwise it ends up like North Korea.

Comment

Working...
                              X