No announcement yet.

It'd be nice to be able to "like" a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ is there any way to make it so it doesn't take up so much real estate?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Another reason why we dropped it.
      Ow

Comment

The thank you is not the most elegant solution, but if that's the only option the software provides, then we'll take it!

Comment

The only thing positive about one-sided-only feedback is seeing who all the yes-men are.

It makes the forum less readable, encourages pandering to populist arguments & adds nothing to the conversation. I wish I could shut the whole system off for myself, but I suspect that's not available in this '74 Pinto edition of vBulletin.
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
            I turned on the thank you per post. However, I removed the ability to thank you own posts.

Classic.

Comment

You'd be surprised at how much that was happening, but then, maybe not.

I will leave this up for a couple of days and see what the feedback is.
              Ow

Comment

Not a fan of it, at all. It seems completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Comment

Are we using the latest greatest version of vBulletin?

Comment

Baahahaha

No, we're at least 2 major releases back & it's not getting upgraded w/o a serious outlay of cash.
                    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Didn't we used to use phpBB before? That's free.

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                        Baahahaha

No, we're at least 2 major releases back & it's not getting upgraded w/o a serious outlay of cash.
                        We are 2 releases behind. Upgrades can happen, but the CMS is more the main reason.

That was a fairly large bill with the last estimate I had.

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                        Didn't we used to use phpBB before? That's free.

Yes, and also had some serious shortcomings. I am looking at 4 different forum providers for the upgrade, and vBulletin 4 & 5 come with a standard CMS - but vB5 is getting rather mixed reviews.
                        Ow

Comment

Working...
                        X