This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new issues/suggestions for C2E thread

Just refreshing this thread after the server move.

Some information about what we just did would be nice I guess. You might not notice anything different at all and you might in fact notice more problems than before on the front page (and maybe in the forums too). Certain features are missing and it looks like the downtime was for nothing. Don't be disappointed though.

What we basically did was move the entire front end system over to a new CMS that should allow us to add some great new features more easily (once we get everything else back up and running). Also we have finally moved the server onto it's own VPS so we aren't sharing infrastructure anymore and we have more control. This control also allow us to monitor/diagnose/fix these stubborn database errors that are seem to still be kicking around.

Of course, with mo' changes come mo' problems. So please, be a good C2E citizen and let us know here when/if you experience oddities and issues. The only thing we ask is for more of your understanding and patience with any problems.
    Time to grow up.

Originally posted by Ceres View Post
    Just refreshing this thread after the server move.

Some information about what we just did would be nice I guess. You might not notice anything different at all and you might in fact notice more problems than before on the front page (and maybe in the forums too). Certain features are missing and it looks like the downtime was for nothing. Don't be disappointed though.

What we basically did was move the entire front end system over to a new CMS that should allow us to add some great new features more easily (once we get everything else back up and running). Also we have finally moved the server onto it's own VPS so we aren't sharing infrastructure anymore and we have more control. This control also allow us to monitor/diagnose/fix these stubborn database errors that are seem to still be kicking around.

Of course, with mo' changes come mo' problems. So please, be a good C2E citizen and let us know here when/if you experience oddities and issues. The only thing we ask is for more of your understanding and patience with any problems.
    seems like the "new CMS front end system" isn't as friendly for blackberry's... [consistently returning "a problem occurred while trying to render the page:].
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

One feature I've noticed is the elimination of nested quoting. When you hit the Quote button it only quotes the current post and eliminates any quotes in that post.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

This should be back now.
        Time to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by kcantor View Post
          seems like the "new CMS front end system" isn't as friendly for blackberry's... [consistently returning "a problem occurred while trying to render the page:].
          Consistently as in "every time you visit the page with your blackberry"? Or is it that it works some of the time but mostly not others? We have been having server trouble in general so you might be visiting while this is happening.
          Time to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceres View Post
            Originally posted by kcantor View Post
            Consistently as in "every time you visit the page with your blackberry"? Or is it that it works some of the time but mostly not others? We have been having server trouble in general so you might be visiting while this is happening.
            Tweaked some java/table settings back and forth and things seem to be where they should be with no error messages - not sure if it's coincidental or at which end there was an issue but don't really care as long it works... Thanks
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I wold like to see a LRT thread Category created under regional issues. I think it is too important to just be lumped in with all the other transportational issues and it is also too large.
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Can we also have a health section set up under regional issues?
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

^I agree on the second sentiment, but why just LRT?

I'd rather it be like a big transportation forum with the following categories
                  -Buses Rail & Rail Transit (opportunity to talk about LRT, commuter rail, streetcar, PRT, and stuff like VIA)
                  -Airports
                  -Road systems (ring roads, highways, potholes, new roads, ped malls, whatever).

Hope that helps.
                  ----

Comment

can we please make it so that the site doesnt log you out every 20 minutes? i understand the use behind it, but why not 30,40 or whatever minutes. it's really annoying cause it makes me feel like i have to refresh all the time.
                    ----

Comment

Dude, its not the site. ITs the cookie cleaner on your computer.

If you delete your cookie, you will be logged out, as their is no cookie remembering your login.

My account stays logged in on multiple computers for weeks on end.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

On SkyscraperPage it takes I think an hour for it to log out. :shrug:
                        ----

Comment

Again, it's something specifically with your computer. Mine stay logged in indefinitely. As Medwards has said, it's something to do with your cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
                            On SkyscraperPage it takes I think an hour for it to log out. :shrug:
                            Look no further then the computer you are on.
                            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I have CookieCuller installed on my Firefox so it can save cookies for C2E and other sites and delete the rest.
                              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X